*Texas is known for having a no nonsense approach to their inmates on death row.
They ensure that those convicted and placed on death row are indeed dealt their punishment without a lengthy ride on death row.
Kimberly McCarthy, 52, was executed by a lethal injection of pentobarbital, Wednesday, June 26, and pronounced dead at 6:37 pm.
She was on death row for the brutal 1997 murder and robbery of her 71-year-old neighbor, retired professor Dorothy Booth.
We reported in January that she had received a reprieve from death at that time because, according to her attorney, a predominantly white jury was “improperly selected on the basis of race.”
Out of 12 jury members, 11 of them were white.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here