*Actress turned businesswoman Tracee Ellis Ross is venturing into the dynamic world of hair with her campaign “Hair Love.” She is calling for women everywhere to develop a love for their hair as-is.
Unfortunately with all that continues to go on in the world involving safety and natural disasters, the one seemingly simple subject of hair has become a constant topic among women.
Hair envy is a serious emotion that pushes women to fry, dye and cut their hair to emulate fabulously styled hair as portrayed in the media.
But even with a natural hair movement underway, we still have many ladies coveting curl patterns that aren’t their own. Would that then make their hair unnaturally natural or just perpetrating?
Ms. Ross’s desire to throw her hat in the ring to fight for hair love and care was prompted by an Instagram meme from AroundTheWayCurls, in which a little girl was seen crying with a caption reading, “That moment you realize you don’t have Tracee Ellis Ross’s hair.”
While expressing her gratitude for what was meant as a compliment, Tracee created a video to explain her views on the matter.
“I don’t want you to want my hair. The reason I don’t want you to want my hair is I’m of the school of love what you got. For me, the reason my hair was such a battle was because I was trying to make it something it wasn’t. I wanted the hair that somebody else had,” Tracee says in the video.
She goes on to say: “I love that you love my hair but I only love that you love my hair if it’s an inspiration for you to love your hair.”
What a great statement calling for the viewer and women in general to find the beauty within their own design. We commend Tracee for speaking out about this topic and hope it inspires others to really start embracing their own hair.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here