*On Wednesday, testimony for the prosecution continued in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder trial of Trayvon Martin.
According to Rachel Jeantel, 19, the last person he ever spoke to by phone, Martin said that a “creepy-ass cracker” was watching him. The person he was referring to was Zimmerman.
Jeantel, a friend of Martin, 17 at the time of his death, said he was walking home during halftime of the NBA All-Star Game on Feb. 26, 2012, when he became unnerved by someone following him.
“He told me the man kept following him,” Jeantel said.
Jeantel said she told Martin to run but that he responded that he was almost home.
“I say, ‘Trayvon,’ and then he said, ‘Why are you following me for?'” Jeantel testified. “And then I heard a hard-breathing man come say, ‘What you doing around here?’ … And then I was calling, ‘Trayvon, Trayvon.’ And then I started to hear a little bit of Trayvon saying, ‘Get off, get off.'”
At times during her early testimony with the prosecution, Jeantel dabbed away tears, as did Trayvon Martin’s father, Tracey Martin.
Read/learn more at ABC News.
Watch some of Rachel Jentel’s testimony:
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here