*On Wednesday, testimony for the prosecution continued in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder trial of Trayvon Martin.
According to Rachel Jeantel, 19, the last person he ever spoke to by phone, Martin said that a “creepy-ass cracker” was watching him. The person he was referring to was Zimmerman.
Jeantel, a friend of Martin, 17 at the time of his death, said he was walking home during halftime of the NBA All-Star Game on Feb. 26, 2012, when he became unnerved by someone following him.
“He told me the man kept following him,” Jeantel said.
Jeantel said she told Martin to run but that he responded that he was almost home.
“I say, ‘Trayvon,’ and then he said, ‘Why are you following me for?'” Jeantel testified. “And then I heard a hard-breathing man come say, ‘What you doing around here?’ … And then I was calling, ‘Trayvon, Trayvon.’ And then I started to hear a little bit of Trayvon saying, ‘Get off, get off.'”
At times during her early testimony with the prosecution, Jeantel dabbed away tears, as did Trayvon Martin’s father, Tracey Martin.
Read/learn more at ABC News.
Watch some of Rachel Jentel’s testimony:
- Zendaya Checks Twitter Hater Who Called her Parents ‘Ugly’
- Chris Brown Rips Baby Mama for Having a BF Accused of Forgery
- Watch Serena Williams Do Her Karaoke Thing with 'The Little Mermaid'
- Who Knew?! Chris Brown Owns 14 Burger King Restaurants
- Ex-NFLer Simeon Rice Brings Thriller 'Unsullied' to Screens Nationally
- Uncle Luke Says Rappers 'Wasn't Wifin' Hoes' Before Kanye
- Louisiana Man: 'I've Never Had a Racist Bone in My Body' ... But Don't Tempt Me! (Watch)
- Derrick Rose Responds to Drugging/Rape Claims From Ex-Girlfriend
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Flanagan’s Family Releases Statement in Aftermath of Virginia Shooting (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here