*On Wednesday, testimony for the prosecution continued in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder trial of Trayvon Martin.
According to Rachel Jeantel, 19, the last person he ever spoke to by phone, Martin said that a “creepy-ass cracker” was watching him. The person he was referring to was Zimmerman.
Jeantel, a friend of Martin, 17 at the time of his death, said he was walking home during halftime of the NBA All-Star Game on Feb. 26, 2012, when he became unnerved by someone following him.
“He told me the man kept following him,” Jeantel said.
Jeantel said she told Martin to run but that he responded that he was almost home.
“I say, ‘Trayvon,’ and then he said, ‘Why are you following me for?'” Jeantel testified. “And then I heard a hard-breathing man come say, ‘What you doing around here?’ … And then I was calling, ‘Trayvon, Trayvon.’ And then I started to hear a little bit of Trayvon saying, ‘Get off, get off.'”
At times during her early testimony with the prosecution, Jeantel dabbed away tears, as did Trayvon Martin’s father, Tracey Martin.
Read/learn more at ABC News.
Watch some of Rachel Jentel’s testimony:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here