*On Wednesday, testimony for the prosecution continued in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder trial of Trayvon Martin.
According to Rachel Jeantel, 19, the last person he ever spoke to by phone, Martin said that a “creepy-ass cracker” was watching him. The person he was referring to was Zimmerman.
Jeantel, a friend of Martin, 17 at the time of his death, said he was walking home during halftime of the NBA All-Star Game on Feb. 26, 2012, when he became unnerved by someone following him.
“He told me the man kept following him,” Jeantel said.
Jeantel said she told Martin to run but that he responded that he was almost home.
“I say, ‘Trayvon,’ and then he said, ‘Why are you following me for?'” Jeantel testified. “And then I heard a hard-breathing man come say, ‘What you doing around here?’ … And then I was calling, ‘Trayvon, Trayvon.’ And then I started to hear a little bit of Trayvon saying, ‘Get off, get off.'”
At times during her early testimony with the prosecution, Jeantel dabbed away tears, as did Trayvon Martin’s father, Tracey Martin.
Read/learn more at ABC News.
Watch some of Rachel Jentel’s testimony:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here