*On Wednesday, testimony for the prosecution continued in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder trial of Trayvon Martin.
According to Rachel Jeantel, 19, the last person he ever spoke to by phone, Martin said that a “creepy-ass cracker” was watching him. The person he was referring to was Zimmerman.
Jeantel, a friend of Martin, 17 at the time of his death, said he was walking home during halftime of the NBA All-Star Game on Feb. 26, 2012, when he became unnerved by someone following him.
“He told me the man kept following him,” Jeantel said.
Jeantel said she told Martin to run but that he responded that he was almost home.
“I say, ‘Trayvon,’ and then he said, ‘Why are you following me for?'” Jeantel testified. “And then I heard a hard-breathing man come say, ‘What you doing around here?’ … And then I was calling, ‘Trayvon, Trayvon.’ And then I started to hear a little bit of Trayvon saying, ‘Get off, get off.'”
At times during her early testimony with the prosecution, Jeantel dabbed away tears, as did Trayvon Martin’s father, Tracey Martin.
Read/learn more at ABC News.
Watch some of Rachel Jentel’s testimony:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NFL Great Jerry Rice is Driving for Lyft in San Francisco (WATCH)
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here