Anyway, the school has just instituted the nation’s first ever “Hip Hop” minor under the Africana Studies department.
The course will give student the opportunity to study the art form and all of its cultural modes including fashion, music, graffiti, business and film.
“The minor introduces students to the main themes represented in hip hop cultures: appropriation and defense of spaces, mixing of different cultures, migrations, multilingualism, race, class, gender, religions, sexuality, nationality, politics and the economy, and, the search for identity.”
This school is on the move.
“The UA is more open to new, challenging, ambitious, creative and even controversial topics than almost any other university in the world,” explained Alain-Philippe Durand, director of Africana Studies at the university. “It is the opposite: You are constantly pushed and encouraged to break boundaries.”
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here