*The hits just keep coming.
Walgreens and J.C. Penney are the latest to get out of the Paula Deen business in the wake of her racism scandal,
Walgreens said it was phasing out Deen’s products. J.C. Penney, which gave no formal statement, confirmed to NBC News Friday that it would no longer carry Deen-branded merchandise.
This follows the exit of Sears Holdings, which announced Friday morning that it would “phase out all products tied to the [Paula Deen] brand. Our members’ needs will be given first priority as we work to continue to provide quality cookware in our stores and online.”
The Food Network, Smithfield Foods, Caesars Entertainment, Novo Nordisk, Wal-Mart, Target and Home Depot, all of which comprised the majority of her empire, also terminated their partnerships with Deen, who appeared in her first live interview on “Today” Wednesday to discuss the scandal over her use of racial slurs.
“We are ending our relationship with Paula Deen Enterprises and we will not place new orders beyond those already committed,” Wal-Mart spokesperson Danit Marquardt said on Wednesday. “We will work with suppliers to address existing inventories and agreements.”
- Director Admits Cutting Roger Goodell Scene in Will Smith’s ‘Concussion’ Film
- Director Ripped for Taylor Swift’s 'Very White Africa' in New Video (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton, Chaka Khan, Kim Zolciak Set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Fox News Anchor Harris Faulkner Sues Hasbro over Toy Hamster
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here