*Wanda Sykes is giving cable channel OWN a one-two punch this summer.
Next month, the Oprah Winfrey Network will premiere two one-hour specials titled “Wanda Sykes Presents HERLARIOUS,” airing Saturday, July 13 and Saturday, July 20 from 10-11 p.m. ET/PT.
The lineup features emerging female stand-ups Andi Smith, Gloria Bigelow, Marina Franklin, Tracey Ashley, Carmen Lynch and Dominique Witten.
There will be special guest appearances by celebrity headliners, including Kym Whitley from OWN’s popular reality series “Raising Whitley.” Sykes will also appear with her guests in a series of comedy shorts that will air throughout each hour.
Produced by Sykes and Page Hurwitz (Push It Productions), in conjunction with Harpo Studios, this show will be taped in front of a live audience at Harpo Studios in Chicago, where the former home of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” will be transformed into a comedy venue.
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Pulled from TV Land Over Confederate Flag Car
- National Action Network to Convene Members of Congress, Administration and Civil Rights Leaders for a Legislative & Policy Conference on Capitol Hill
- Flo Rida Pulls Out of Miss USA Pageant Over Donald Trump Comments
- Obama Crashes FLOTUS' Girl Scout Campfire: 'What Are You Doing in My Yard?'
- FBI: Lightning May Have Caused Fire at Mt. Zion AME Church
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here