*Wanda Sykes is giving cable channel OWN a one-two punch this summer.
Next month, the Oprah Winfrey Network will premiere two one-hour specials titled “Wanda Sykes Presents HERLARIOUS,” airing Saturday, July 13 and Saturday, July 20 from 10-11 p.m. ET/PT.
The lineup features emerging female stand-ups Andi Smith, Gloria Bigelow, Marina Franklin, Tracey Ashley, Carmen Lynch and Dominique Witten.
There will be special guest appearances by celebrity headliners, including Kym Whitley from OWN’s popular reality series “Raising Whitley.” Sykes will also appear with her guests in a series of comedy shorts that will air throughout each hour.
Produced by Sykes and Page Hurwitz (Push It Productions), in conjunction with Harpo Studios, this show will be taped in front of a live audience at Harpo Studios in Chicago, where the former home of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” will be transformed into a comedy venue.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here