*It’s unfortunate that so many history lessons we could’ve learned from the very people who were living and/or a part of instrumental periods of our history aren’t known until after they are gone.
Although, we’ve been privy to the statistics of the Watts Riots of 1965, where for “six turbulent days that left 34 dead, thousands injured and millions of dollars in property damaged or destroyed,” but many of us, never really heard an extensive interview with Rena Price, who along with her sons, became the poster child for the inception of the infamous riots.
But now Rena Price has passed on of natural causes at the age of 97, and her story passes with her.
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here