*It’s unfortunate that so many history lessons we could’ve learned from the very people who were living and/or a part of instrumental periods of our history aren’t known until after they are gone.
Although, we’ve been privy to the statistics of the Watts Riots of 1965, where for “six turbulent days that left 34 dead, thousands injured and millions of dollars in property damaged or destroyed,” but many of us, never really heard an extensive interview with Rena Price, who along with her sons, became the poster child for the inception of the infamous riots.
But now Rena Price has passed on of natural causes at the age of 97, and her story passes with her.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here