*Actress Whoopi Goldberg has been honored at this year’s Provincetown Film Festival in Massachusetts for her documentary about pioneering comedienne Moms Mabley.
The star made her directorial debut with “I Got Somethin’ To Tell You,” about vaudeville star, which she completed last year with funds pledged by fans via fundraising website Kickstarter.com.
Now she’s been recognized for her efforts, earning the John Schlesinger Award at the annual Provincetown festival, which celebrates both U.S. and international features, documentaries and short films. The Schlesinger prize is given to first-time documentary or feature filmmakers.
Goldberg wasn’t the only star feted at Sunday night’s (June 23) ceremony. “Spring Breakers” director Harmony Korine received the Filmmaker on the Edge Award, following in the footsteps of previous recipients including Quentin Tarantino, Gus Van Sant and Darren Aronofsky.
Below the “I Got Somethin’ To Tell You” Moms Mabley bit that gives the documentary its name.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here