*Actress Whoopi Goldberg has been honored at this year’s Provincetown Film Festival in Massachusetts for her documentary about pioneering comedienne Moms Mabley.
The star made her directorial debut with “I Got Somethin’ To Tell You,” about vaudeville star, which she completed last year with funds pledged by fans via fundraising website Kickstarter.com.
Now she’s been recognized for her efforts, earning the John Schlesinger Award at the annual Provincetown festival, which celebrates both U.S. and international features, documentaries and short films. The Schlesinger prize is given to first-time documentary or feature filmmakers.
Goldberg wasn’t the only star feted at Sunday night’s (June 23) ceremony. “Spring Breakers” director Harmony Korine received the Filmmaker on the Edge Award, following in the footsteps of previous recipients including Quentin Tarantino, Gus Van Sant and Darren Aronofsky.
Below the “I Got Somethin’ To Tell You” Moms Mabley bit that gives the documentary its name.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here