*Actress Whoopi Goldberg has been honored at this year’s Provincetown Film Festival in Massachusetts for her documentary about pioneering comedienne Moms Mabley.
The star made her directorial debut with “I Got Somethin’ To Tell You,” about vaudeville star, which she completed last year with funds pledged by fans via fundraising website Kickstarter.com.
Now she’s been recognized for her efforts, earning the John Schlesinger Award at the annual Provincetown festival, which celebrates both U.S. and international features, documentaries and short films. The Schlesinger prize is given to first-time documentary or feature filmmakers.
Goldberg wasn’t the only star feted at Sunday night’s (June 23) ceremony. “Spring Breakers” director Harmony Korine received the Filmmaker on the Edge Award, following in the footsteps of previous recipients including Quentin Tarantino, Gus Van Sant and Darren Aronofsky.
Below the “I Got Somethin’ To Tell You” Moms Mabley bit that gives the documentary its name.
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here