*Actress Whoopi Goldberg has been honored at this year’s Provincetown Film Festival in Massachusetts for her documentary about pioneering comedienne Moms Mabley.
The star made her directorial debut with “I Got Somethin’ To Tell You,” about vaudeville star, which she completed last year with funds pledged by fans via fundraising website Kickstarter.com.
Now she’s been recognized for her efforts, earning the John Schlesinger Award at the annual Provincetown festival, which celebrates both U.S. and international features, documentaries and short films. The Schlesinger prize is given to first-time documentary or feature filmmakers.
Goldberg wasn’t the only star feted at Sunday night’s (June 23) ceremony. “Spring Breakers” director Harmony Korine received the Filmmaker on the Edge Award, following in the footsteps of previous recipients including Quentin Tarantino, Gus Van Sant and Darren Aronofsky.
Below the “I Got Somethin’ To Tell You” Moms Mabley bit that gives the documentary its name.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here