Whoopi will play the character Viola Price, who discovers that her next asthma attack could be fatal. With this new revelation comes her determination to fix her fractured family.
The story follows Viola Price whose last wish is to sort out all of her family’s issues before she passes on. Her mission is to correct the mistakes of each of her four children – which include teen pregnancy, prescription drug addiction, and jail time. She also attempts to rescue her estranged husband from a younger woman.
The last film the award winning actor and McMillian did together was “How Stella Got Her Groove Back,” starring Angela Bassett, which was also adapted from the author’s bestselling novel.
This movie will also mark Goldberg’s return to the Lifetime fold. She executive-produced the cable network’s medical drama series “Strong Medicine” from 2000 to 2006, as well as its 2001 original movie, “What Makes a Family.”
“Terry McMillan is one of America’s most beloved writers and ‘A Day Late and a Dollar Short’ combines her signature emotional storytelling with the complex characters viewers identify with and love,” Lifetime’s executive vice president and general manager, Rob Sharenow, said in a statement. “We are thrilled to be working again with Whoopi Goldberg, who will be emptying her enormous talents both in front of and behind the camera.”
Production begins this summer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here