Whoopi will play the character Viola Price, who discovers that her next asthma attack could be fatal. With this new revelation comes her determination to fix her fractured family.
The story follows Viola Price whose last wish is to sort out all of her family’s issues before she passes on. Her mission is to correct the mistakes of each of her four children – which include teen pregnancy, prescription drug addiction, and jail time. She also attempts to rescue her estranged husband from a younger woman.
The last film the award winning actor and McMillian did together was “How Stella Got Her Groove Back,” starring Angela Bassett, which was also adapted from the author’s bestselling novel.
This movie will also mark Goldberg’s return to the Lifetime fold. She executive-produced the cable network’s medical drama series “Strong Medicine” from 2000 to 2006, as well as its 2001 original movie, “What Makes a Family.”
“Terry McMillan is one of America’s most beloved writers and ‘A Day Late and a Dollar Short’ combines her signature emotional storytelling with the complex characters viewers identify with and love,” Lifetime’s executive vice president and general manager, Rob Sharenow, said in a statement. “We are thrilled to be working again with Whoopi Goldberg, who will be emptying her enormous talents both in front of and behind the camera.”
Production begins this summer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- If You're the Mother of a Teen Girl, You'll Want to Know About This
- Michael Jace Told Wife Before Shooting Her, ‘If You Like Running, Then Run To Heaven’, Son Testifies
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here