*The first teaser trailer has been released for “Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom,” staring Idris Elba as the South African icon and Naomie Harris as his former wife, Winnie.
The Weinstein Co. screened footage of the film in Cannes where Harvey Weinstein promised it is not an ordinary biopic, reports Deadline.com. It tells the story of Nelson Mandela’s life, from his childhood in a rural village through to his inauguration as the first democratically elected President of South Africa.
Mandela was recently admitted to a Pretoria hospital and remains there in critical, but stable condition, the government said this week.
The Justin Chadwick-directed film goes out in limited release in the U.S. on Nov. 29. Below is the first teaser for the film. (It’s a UK version, so it’s tagged with a Jan. 3 date).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Wants 'Beats and Rhymes' Tour with Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel; Doesn't Look Good: Report
- Najee Alli, NAN Pressure USC to Consider Hiring Black Coach
- [Watch] Teaser Trailer for Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race'
- Danny Sapani Plays ‘Berber the Moor’ in FX’s Drama 'Bastard Executioner'
- Tamera Mowry-Housely Has 'Goosebumps!' (Photos)
- Chris Bosh and Wife Adrienne Expecting Twins
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here