*The first teaser trailer has been released for “Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom,” staring Idris Elba as the South African icon and Naomie Harris as his former wife, Winnie.
The Weinstein Co. screened footage of the film in Cannes where Harvey Weinstein promised it is not an ordinary biopic, reports Deadline.com. It tells the story of Nelson Mandela’s life, from his childhood in a rural village through to his inauguration as the first democratically elected President of South Africa.
Mandela was recently admitted to a Pretoria hospital and remains there in critical, but stable condition, the government said this week.
The Justin Chadwick-directed film goes out in limited release in the U.S. on Nov. 29. Below is the first teaser for the film. (It’s a UK version, so it’s tagged with a Jan. 3 date).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here