*Rapper and producer Kanye West has created a clothing line with French brand A.P.C. that seems to be selling faster than his latest music releases.
Sunday’s release included jeans, T-Shirts and hoodies which have been restocked since selling out this weekend. But only the less popular sizes, like size 25 jeans or an XXL T-Shirt, appear to still available.
Although West and girlfriend Kim Kardashian were seen in Paris together working on the designs, the collection was just announced this summer. A.P.C. designer Jean Touitou explained that the project actually took two years.
“Over the months, we kept hanging out and finally came up with the idea of doing a small capsule collection of clothes together,” Touitou said in a statement.
The website will be taking pre-orders for a limited time for silkscreened tees with skeletons on it for about $137 in U.S. dollars, or gray hoodies for about $222.
Fashion success hasn’t come easy to West, having previously released a women’s fashion label, “DW Kanye West,” at Paris Fashion Week in 2011 and receiving not so good feedback from critics.
The International Herald Tribune‘s style editor Jessica Michault took to Twitter to give her straightforward assessment:
“The Kanye West show, in my humble opinion, is proof that everyone can love fashion but not everyone can be a fashion designer.”
What do you think of West’s latest threads?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here