*Rapper and producer Kanye West has created a clothing line with French brand A.P.C. that seems to be selling faster than his latest music releases.
Sunday’s release included jeans, T-Shirts and hoodies which have been restocked since selling out this weekend. But only the less popular sizes, like size 25 jeans or an XXL T-Shirt, appear to still available.
Although West and girlfriend Kim Kardashian were seen in Paris together working on the designs, the collection was just announced this summer. A.P.C. designer Jean Touitou explained that the project actually took two years.
“Over the months, we kept hanging out and finally came up with the idea of doing a small capsule collection of clothes together,” Touitou said in a statement.
The website will be taking pre-orders for a limited time for silkscreened tees with skeletons on it for about $137 in U.S. dollars, or gray hoodies for about $222.
Fashion success hasn’t come easy to West, having previously released a women’s fashion label, “DW Kanye West,” at Paris Fashion Week in 2011 and receiving not so good feedback from critics.
The International Herald Tribune‘s style editor Jessica Michault took to Twitter to give her straightforward assessment:
“The Kanye West show, in my humble opinion, is proof that everyone can love fashion but not everyone can be a fashion designer.”
What do you think of West’s latest threads?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here