*Rapper and producer Kanye West has created a clothing line with French brand A.P.C. that seems to be selling faster than his latest music releases.
Sunday’s release included jeans, T-Shirts and hoodies which have been restocked since selling out this weekend. But only the less popular sizes, like size 25 jeans or an XXL T-Shirt, appear to still available.
Although West and girlfriend Kim Kardashian were seen in Paris together working on the designs, the collection was just announced this summer. A.P.C. designer Jean Touitou explained that the project actually took two years.
“Over the months, we kept hanging out and finally came up with the idea of doing a small capsule collection of clothes together,” Touitou said in a statement.
The website will be taking pre-orders for a limited time for silkscreened tees with skeletons on it for about $137 in U.S. dollars, or gray hoodies for about $222.
Fashion success hasn’t come easy to West, having previously released a women’s fashion label, “DW Kanye West,” at Paris Fashion Week in 2011 and receiving not so good feedback from critics.
The International Herald Tribune‘s style editor Jessica Michault took to Twitter to give her straightforward assessment:
“The Kanye West show, in my humble opinion, is proof that everyone can love fashion but not everyone can be a fashion designer.”
What do you think of West’s latest threads?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here