*Rapper and producer Kanye West has created a clothing line with French brand A.P.C. that seems to be selling faster than his latest music releases.
Sunday’s release included jeans, T-Shirts and hoodies which have been restocked since selling out this weekend. But only the less popular sizes, like size 25 jeans or an XXL T-Shirt, appear to still available.
Although West and girlfriend Kim Kardashian were seen in Paris together working on the designs, the collection was just announced this summer. A.P.C. designer Jean Touitou explained that the project actually took two years.
“Over the months, we kept hanging out and finally came up with the idea of doing a small capsule collection of clothes together,” Touitou said in a statement.
The website will be taking pre-orders for a limited time for silkscreened tees with skeletons on it for about $137 in U.S. dollars, or gray hoodies for about $222.
Fashion success hasn’t come easy to West, having previously released a women’s fashion label, “DW Kanye West,” at Paris Fashion Week in 2011 and receiving not so good feedback from critics.
The International Herald Tribune‘s style editor Jessica Michault took to Twitter to give her straightforward assessment:
“The Kanye West show, in my humble opinion, is proof that everyone can love fashion but not everyone can be a fashion designer.”
What do you think of West’s latest threads?
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- 18-Year-Old Forgives Rapper Kevin Gates for Kicking Her (WATCH)
- D'Angelo Speaks on His Iconic 'Untitled' Video with Tavis Smiley (WATCH)
- Hot Mess! McDonald's Worker Pulled Out of Drive-Thru Window (WATCH)
- VH1 Preps Viewers for What’s to Come with ‘Stevie & Joseline’ Teaser
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here