*Rapper 50 Cent has denied attacking his ex-girlfriend and ransacking her home in Los Angeles.
The artist, born Curtis Jackson, was charged with domestic violence and four counts of vandalism according to court papers filed on Monday (July 1). However, in a statement released by his lawyer, 50 Cent has denied the charges and also said that there is no warrant for his arrest.
“Curtis Jackson denies these allegations as made against him. It is important to note, Mr. Jackson has not been arrested and there is no warrant outstanding for his arrest,” his lawyer stated.
The rapper’s lawyer also said they are looking into the allegations themselves: “We have been in contact with LA City Attorney’s Office and are currently conducting our own investigation into these allegations.”
On June 23, police say they were called to a property in Los Angeles, where they found a woman and a baby. The woman, who said she had been in a relationship with the rapper for three years, told officers that the he had began destroying her property during an argument. She said he kicked open her bedroom door and then kicked her.
Police say they found rooms ransacked with clothes strewn about and items including chandeliers, furniture and a television broken.
50 is scheduled to appear in court on July 22. If convicted he could face up to five years in prison.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here