*Rapper 50 Cent has denied attacking his ex-girlfriend and ransacking her home in Los Angeles.
The artist, born Curtis Jackson, was charged with domestic violence and four counts of vandalism according to court papers filed on Monday (July 1). However, in a statement released by his lawyer, 50 Cent has denied the charges and also said that there is no warrant for his arrest.
“Curtis Jackson denies these allegations as made against him. It is important to note, Mr. Jackson has not been arrested and there is no warrant outstanding for his arrest,” his lawyer stated.
The rapper’s lawyer also said they are looking into the allegations themselves: “We have been in contact with LA City Attorney’s Office and are currently conducting our own investigation into these allegations.”
On June 23, police say they were called to a property in Los Angeles, where they found a woman and a baby. The woman, who said she had been in a relationship with the rapper for three years, told officers that the he had began destroying her property during an argument. She said he kicked open her bedroom door and then kicked her.
Police say they found rooms ransacked with clothes strewn about and items including chandeliers, furniture and a television broken.
50 is scheduled to appear in court on July 22. If convicted he could face up to five years in prison.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here