*Rapper 50 Cent has denied attacking his ex-girlfriend and ransacking her home in Los Angeles.
The artist, born Curtis Jackson, was charged with domestic violence and four counts of vandalism according to court papers filed on Monday (July 1). However, in a statement released by his lawyer, 50 Cent has denied the charges and also said that there is no warrant for his arrest.
“Curtis Jackson denies these allegations as made against him. It is important to note, Mr. Jackson has not been arrested and there is no warrant outstanding for his arrest,” his lawyer stated.
The rapper’s lawyer also said they are looking into the allegations themselves: “We have been in contact with LA City Attorney’s Office and are currently conducting our own investigation into these allegations.”
On June 23, police say they were called to a property in Los Angeles, where they found a woman and a baby. The woman, who said she had been in a relationship with the rapper for three years, told officers that the he had began destroying her property during an argument. She said he kicked open her bedroom door and then kicked her.
Police say they found rooms ransacked with clothes strewn about and items including chandeliers, furniture and a television broken.
50 is scheduled to appear in court on July 22. If convicted he could face up to five years in prison.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here