*Rapper 50 Cent has denied attacking his ex-girlfriend and ransacking her home in Los Angeles.
The artist, born Curtis Jackson, was charged with domestic violence and four counts of vandalism according to court papers filed on Monday (July 1). However, in a statement released by his lawyer, 50 Cent has denied the charges and also said that there is no warrant for his arrest.
“Curtis Jackson denies these allegations as made against him. It is important to note, Mr. Jackson has not been arrested and there is no warrant outstanding for his arrest,” his lawyer stated.
The rapper’s lawyer also said they are looking into the allegations themselves: “We have been in contact with LA City Attorney’s Office and are currently conducting our own investigation into these allegations.”
On June 23, police say they were called to a property in Los Angeles, where they found a woman and a baby. The woman, who said she had been in a relationship with the rapper for three years, told officers that the he had began destroying her property during an argument. She said he kicked open her bedroom door and then kicked her.
Police say they found rooms ransacked with clothes strewn about and items including chandeliers, furniture and a television broken.
50 is scheduled to appear in court on July 22. If convicted he could face up to five years in prison.
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here