Studdard will become the first celebrity to compete on NBC’s weight-loss reality show.
In 2008 Studdard was able to drop quite a few pounds after his marriage to Surata Zuri McCants. But after their divorce in 2012, he packed the weight back on.
“I’ve never had an issue with my weight,” said Studdard. “But my family has a history of high blood pressure, diabetes, heart-related issues—thing I didn’t have to deal with yet because I’m young [sic]. But I don’t want to be worried at 40, and if I don’t fix things now, I will be.”
Past strategies Studdard has utilized to shed the extra pounds included working with a trainer and joining a Duke University weight-loss program. “We’re from Alabama, we love to eat!” he told the Today show several years ago. “So I basically had to change my thinking and as it pertains to the foods I wanted eat. [Duke] put me on a 1,200 to 1,500 calorie diet a day. It ended up being pretty easy.”
Season 15 of “The Biggest Loser” begins airing on October 8.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Meek Mill Sentenced to House Arrest & Six Years Probation
- Funnee: Will and Jada Called Out for Starting 'Ish' (WATCH)
- Kenya Moore Explains Why Cynthia Bailey 'Deeply Hurt Me' on 'RHOA'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here