Studdard will become the first celebrity to compete on NBC’s weight-loss reality show.
In 2008 Studdard was able to drop quite a few pounds after his marriage to Surata Zuri McCants. But after their divorce in 2012, he packed the weight back on.
“I’ve never had an issue with my weight,” said Studdard. “But my family has a history of high blood pressure, diabetes, heart-related issues—thing I didn’t have to deal with yet because I’m young [sic]. But I don’t want to be worried at 40, and if I don’t fix things now, I will be.”
Past strategies Studdard has utilized to shed the extra pounds included working with a trainer and joining a Duke University weight-loss program. “We’re from Alabama, we love to eat!” he told the Today show several years ago. “So I basically had to change my thinking and as it pertains to the foods I wanted eat. [Duke] put me on a 1,200 to 1,500 calorie diet a day. It ended up being pretty easy.”
Season 15 of “The Biggest Loser” begins airing on October 8.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ Continues with the Epic Warner Bros.’ Presentation
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here