Studdard will become the first celebrity to compete on NBC’s weight-loss reality show.
In 2008 Studdard was able to drop quite a few pounds after his marriage to Surata Zuri McCants. But after their divorce in 2012, he packed the weight back on.
“I’ve never had an issue with my weight,” said Studdard. “But my family has a history of high blood pressure, diabetes, heart-related issues—thing I didn’t have to deal with yet because I’m young [sic]. But I don’t want to be worried at 40, and if I don’t fix things now, I will be.”
Past strategies Studdard has utilized to shed the extra pounds included working with a trainer and joining a Duke University weight-loss program. “We’re from Alabama, we love to eat!” he told the Today show several years ago. “So I basically had to change my thinking and as it pertains to the foods I wanted eat. [Duke] put me on a 1,200 to 1,500 calorie diet a day. It ended up being pretty easy.”
Season 15 of “The Biggest Loser” begins airing on October 8.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- No Reality Show For Amber Rose & Black Chyna; Scarface Honored & Arrested
- Fla. Teens Who Died After Being Hypnotized By Former Principal, Remembered at 'Homecoming' (Watch)
- Twitter Rejects Rita Ora’s Dream ‘Lady Marmalade’ Remake With Iggy Azalea, Miley Cyrus & Charli XCX
- Report: Paris Jackson On Verge of Meltdown; Hasn’t Seen Mom in Over a Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here