*The last time Arsenio Hall hosted his talk show, the Internet wasn’t even in its toddler phase, a tweet was just a noise uttered by birds and faxing something was all the rage.
On Sept. 9, the comedian ends his 19-year absence from late night with the relaunch of “The Arsenio Hall Show,” and he’s chomping at the bit to host in a landscape with web sites and social media at his disposal – marketing tools that didn’t exist during his run from 1989-1994.
“I remember one time Debbie Gibson sent me a fax and she had drawn a picture of herself holding a microphone. And at the bottom it said, ‘Mr. Hall I would like to sing on your show.’ That was a text back then,” recalled Hall Monday at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills.
“I remember Barbara Streisand called me once because she had a Bill Clinton question. She can tweet me now,” he said. “That’s how it was done back then – to get me on the phone, you call a guest, you call each other, you have a fax. [The digital age] has actually made it interesting and more unique. I’m excited to jump back into it.”
Below, Arsenio explains each step of his road back to late night, and the help he’s received along the way from future rivals, including an assist from his good friend Jay Leno.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Bishop Eddie Long To Discuss Struggles During Sex Scandal on ‘Steve Harvey’
- Erica Campbell: 'I Didn't Takeover' Yolanda Adams' Radio Slot [EUR Exclusive]
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here