*Many women in their 30s are thinking about starting families and 32-year-old Singer Ashanti is no different.
“I definitely want to get married and I definitely want to have kids. I want to have a lot of kids,” she recently told S2S Publisher Jamie Foster Brown.
But she is not rushing into motherhood until she has built her empire which includes more acting and singing.
“I’m very family-oriented. I think that’s why [I’m] focusing now to create that stability,” explained Ashanti.
Photos suggested he singer was romantically linked to rapper Nelly at one point but the two never confirmed a relationship. So Jamie tried to get the truth on the nature of their friendship.
Jamie: Would you ever date someone in the entertainment industry again?
Ashanti: You used that term “again.”
Jamie: [laughs] You guys are so slick.
Ashanti: Let me see: For me, it’s about who that person is. If I happen to make a bond with someone in this industry, cool. If it happens to be someone that is a pirate [laughs], that’s cool, too.
Jamie: So did you all go together and you broke up or what? Were you ever an item?
Ashanti: [laughs] I’mma get you Nelly’s number so you and him can have that interview.
His bail was set at $750,000. He is expected to be arraigned sometime next month.
In Feb. 2010 the 35-year-old was sentenced to two years in jail for sending a battery of text messages and photos to Ashanti’s mother. Prosecutors said Friday some of his tweets were sexually explicit.
Hurd’s attorney did not respond to a message seeking comment.
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here