*A highlight of Sunday’s “BET Awards ‘13” telecast took place during an early commercial break when a trailer for the upcoming holiday musical “Black Nativity” made its debut.
The contemporary adaptation of Langston Hughes’ play stars Forest Whitaker, Angela Bassett, Jennifer Hudson, Tyrese Gibson, Jacob Latimore, Mary J. Blige and Nas – billed as his real name, Nasir Jones.
“Black Nativity” follows Langston (Latimore), a streetwise teen from Baltimore raised by a single mother, as he journeys to New York to spend the Christmas holiday with his estranged relatives, Reverend Cornell and Aretha Cobbs (Whitaker and Bassett).
Unwilling to live by the imposing reverend’s rules, a frustrated Langston is determined to return home to his mother, Naima (Hudson). Langston embarks on a surprising and inspirational journey and, along with new friends and a little divine intervention, he discovers the true meaning of faith, healing and family.
In the trailer, Hudson sings a revamped version of “Silent Night.” The movie hits theaters Nov. 27.
Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here