*A highlight of Sunday’s “BET Awards ‘13” telecast took place during an early commercial break when a trailer for the upcoming holiday musical “Black Nativity” made its debut.
The contemporary adaptation of Langston Hughes’ play stars Forest Whitaker, Angela Bassett, Jennifer Hudson, Tyrese Gibson, Jacob Latimore, Mary J. Blige and Nas – billed as his real name, Nasir Jones.
“Black Nativity” follows Langston (Latimore), a streetwise teen from Baltimore raised by a single mother, as he journeys to New York to spend the Christmas holiday with his estranged relatives, Reverend Cornell and Aretha Cobbs (Whitaker and Bassett).
Unwilling to live by the imposing reverend’s rules, a frustrated Langston is determined to return home to his mother, Naima (Hudson). Langston embarks on a surprising and inspirational journey and, along with new friends and a little divine intervention, he discovers the true meaning of faith, healing and family.
In the trailer, Hudson sings a revamped version of “Silent Night.” The movie hits theaters Nov. 27.
Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Look! Patti LaBelle and James Wright Chanel Together Eatin', Dancin & Singin' (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Protesters Disrupt Black Friday in Chicago
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here