*A highlight of Sunday’s “BET Awards ‘13” telecast took place during an early commercial break when a trailer for the upcoming holiday musical “Black Nativity” made its debut.
The contemporary adaptation of Langston Hughes’ play stars Forest Whitaker, Angela Bassett, Jennifer Hudson, Tyrese Gibson, Jacob Latimore, Mary J. Blige and Nas – billed as his real name, Nasir Jones.
“Black Nativity” follows Langston (Latimore), a streetwise teen from Baltimore raised by a single mother, as he journeys to New York to spend the Christmas holiday with his estranged relatives, Reverend Cornell and Aretha Cobbs (Whitaker and Bassett).
Unwilling to live by the imposing reverend’s rules, a frustrated Langston is determined to return home to his mother, Naima (Hudson). Langston embarks on a surprising and inspirational journey and, along with new friends and a little divine intervention, he discovers the true meaning of faith, healing and family.
In the trailer, Hudson sings a revamped version of “Silent Night.” The movie hits theaters Nov. 27.
Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Taraji P. Posts IG Response to Rumors of Beef with Terrence Howard (WATCH)
- EURweb on the Scene: 3rd Annual Ocktober Film Festival
- Derek Fisher Addresses Alleged Fight With Matt Barnes
- Man's 20-Year-Old Girlfriend Kicked His Baby to Death (Video)
- Kanye Claims He's Discriminated Against Because He's Not Gay
- The Game Stops by SKEE TV; Discusses #Documentary2 & Disses Young Thug (WATCH)
- Ben Carson Remembers Being Held at Gunpoint While in Popeye’s
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here