*Just days after Detroit filed for bankruptcy, Beyonce’s “Mrs. Carter” world tour rolled through the Motor City on Saturday, with the singer dedicating a segment of her show to lifting spirits.
The 31-year-old belted Sam Cooke’s classic “Change is Gonna Come” as a video montage of Detroit themes played behind her all-girl band. Among the images: a number of Motown artists, boxing great Joe Louis, The Renaissance Center, a United Auto Workers logo, Kid Rock, Eminem and a motivational quote from Henry Ford.
“Detroit! Hi y’all doin’? I’m very grateful to have a show here in Detroit tonight. I love this city,” yelled Beyonce during the performance, according to MLive.com. [Watch below.]
Last week, it was revealed that Eminem turned down the lead role in Neill Blomkamp’s sci-movie “Elysium” because it wasn’t set in Detroit. Oscar-winner Matt Damon was actually the director’s third choice for the part – behind Eminem and rapper Ninja – though both turned down the role.
According to Wired, Eminem had the single condition that “Elysium” shoot in his hometown – something producers were unable to deliver. With Oscar-winner Damon in the lead role, production began in Mexico City in July 2011.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here