*Just days after Detroit filed for bankruptcy, Beyonce’s “Mrs. Carter” world tour rolled through the Motor City on Saturday, with the singer dedicating a segment of her show to lifting spirits.
The 31-year-old belted Sam Cooke’s classic “Change is Gonna Come” as a video montage of Detroit themes played behind her all-girl band. Among the images: a number of Motown artists, boxing great Joe Louis, The Renaissance Center, a United Auto Workers logo, Kid Rock, Eminem and a motivational quote from Henry Ford.
“Detroit! Hi y’all doin’? I’m very grateful to have a show here in Detroit tonight. I love this city,” yelled Beyonce during the performance, according to MLive.com. [Watch below.]
Last week, it was revealed that Eminem turned down the lead role in Neill Blomkamp’s sci-movie “Elysium” because it wasn’t set in Detroit. Oscar-winner Matt Damon was actually the director’s third choice for the part – behind Eminem and rapper Ninja – though both turned down the role.
According to Wired, Eminem had the single condition that “Elysium” shoot in his hometown – something producers were unable to deliver. With Oscar-winner Damon in the lead role, production began in Mexico City in July 2011.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here