*Just days after Detroit filed for bankruptcy, Beyonce’s “Mrs. Carter” world tour rolled through the Motor City on Saturday, with the singer dedicating a segment of her show to lifting spirits.
The 31-year-old belted Sam Cooke’s classic “Change is Gonna Come” as a video montage of Detroit themes played behind her all-girl band. Among the images: a number of Motown artists, boxing great Joe Louis, The Renaissance Center, a United Auto Workers logo, Kid Rock, Eminem and a motivational quote from Henry Ford.
“Detroit! Hi y’all doin’? I’m very grateful to have a show here in Detroit tonight. I love this city,” yelled Beyonce during the performance, according to MLive.com. [Watch below.]
Last week, it was revealed that Eminem turned down the lead role in Neill Blomkamp’s sci-movie “Elysium” because it wasn’t set in Detroit. Oscar-winner Matt Damon was actually the director’s third choice for the part – behind Eminem and rapper Ninja – though both turned down the role.
According to Wired, Eminem had the single condition that “Elysium” shoot in his hometown – something producers were unable to deliver. With Oscar-winner Damon in the lead role, production began in Mexico City in July 2011.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here