*Just days after Detroit filed for bankruptcy, Beyonce’s “Mrs. Carter” world tour rolled through the Motor City on Saturday, with the singer dedicating a segment of her show to lifting spirits.
The 31-year-old belted Sam Cooke’s classic “Change is Gonna Come” as a video montage of Detroit themes played behind her all-girl band. Among the images: a number of Motown artists, boxing great Joe Louis, The Renaissance Center, a United Auto Workers logo, Kid Rock, Eminem and a motivational quote from Henry Ford.
“Detroit! Hi y’all doin’? I’m very grateful to have a show here in Detroit tonight. I love this city,” yelled Beyonce during the performance, according to MLive.com. [Watch below.]
Last week, it was revealed that Eminem turned down the lead role in Neill Blomkamp’s sci-movie “Elysium” because it wasn’t set in Detroit. Oscar-winner Matt Damon was actually the director’s third choice for the part – behind Eminem and rapper Ninja – though both turned down the role.
According to Wired, Eminem had the single condition that “Elysium” shoot in his hometown – something producers were unable to deliver. With Oscar-winner Damon in the lead role, production began in Mexico City in July 2011.
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here