*Another “Big Brother” contestant has suffered a professional setback after spewing racist comments that were seen on the show’s 24/7 live feeds.
GinaMarie Zimmerman, who referred to welfare as “n**ger insurance,” among other offensive comments, has been fired from East Coast USA Pageant, Inc., where she worked as a pageant coordinator, reports TMZ.
East Coast USA says GinaMarie has been an employee for five years, but insist, “We have never known this side of GinaMarie or have ever witnessed such acts of racism in the past.”
The pageant says, “We are actually thankful that this show let us see GinaMarie for who she truly is. We would never want her to be a role model to our future contestants.”
“In a business where we are surrounded by beauty every day we are saddened to see something so ugly come from someone we put on a very high pedestal.”
A rep for the organization tells TMZ they are especially upset because they encouraged their pageant girls to watch GinaMarie on the show and vote for her … thinking she would be a role model.
As previously reported, houseguest Aaryn Gries has been dropped by her modeling agency Zephyr Talent in Austin, Texas after her racist and homophobic comments hit the Internet. Among the comments made by the 22-year-old was a warning to her fellow houseguests that they need to be careful of black contestant Candice because they “might not be able to see the b**ch” in the dark.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Reveals ‘Future Home of Tyler Perry Studios’ (Pic)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Offers A YEAR of 'Paid Leave' for New Moms and Dads
- Melanie Liburd Joins ‘Game of Thrones’ as The Red Priestess
- Rihanna Hosts Art Gallery Reveal of New Album Cover & Title (Pic)
- Michelle Obama Will Appear on Disney's 'Doc McStuffins'
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Butt-Injection Death of Bronx Non-profit Executive Ruled 'A Homicide'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here