*Cratering 25% from the 2.2 million viewers who tuned into “Big Brother’s” Season 15 premiere last week, the reality show hit a new series low of 1.6 million viewers on Wednesday, according to Nielsen ratings reported by Deadline.com.
Vexed off air by recent controversy from online racist and homophobic comments by cast members Aaryn Gries, Kaitlin Barnaby, GinaMarie Zimmerman and Spencer Clawson, “BB’s” Wednesday ratings saw a two tenths drop from the previous tied low of 1.8 million that the reality show had achieved just the day before on July 2.
The 8 p.m. live elimination was the highest rated and most watched show of the night with 5.35 million viewers. The racist comments of the houseguests, seen on the show’s 24/7 live Internet feed and made in reference to African American houseguest Candice Stewart, Asian American cast member Helen Kim and gay contestant Andy Herren, was not addressed on Wednesday’s live broadcast. However, during the interview portion of the show, host Julie Chen, who is of Asian descent, did not address any of the houseguests who were seen making the offensive remarks. She did, however, interview CAndice, Helen and Andy about their experiences so far on the show.
An “America’s Got Talent” (1.1/4) repeat on NBC from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. was the second most watched show on Wednesday. The third most watched show of the night was “The American Baking Competition” (1.2/4) at 9 p.m.
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here