*Cratering 25% from the 2.2 million viewers who tuned into “Big Brother’s” Season 15 premiere last week, the reality show hit a new series low of 1.6 million viewers on Wednesday, according to Nielsen ratings reported by Deadline.com.
Vexed off air by recent controversy from online racist and homophobic comments by cast members Aaryn Gries, Kaitlin Barnaby, GinaMarie Zimmerman and Spencer Clawson, “BB’s” Wednesday ratings saw a two tenths drop from the previous tied low of 1.8 million that the reality show had achieved just the day before on July 2.
The 8 p.m. live elimination was the highest rated and most watched show of the night with 5.35 million viewers. The racist comments of the houseguests, seen on the show’s 24/7 live Internet feed and made in reference to African American houseguest Candice Stewart, Asian American cast member Helen Kim and gay contestant Andy Herren, was not addressed on Wednesday’s live broadcast. However, during the interview portion of the show, host Julie Chen, who is of Asian descent, did not address any of the houseguests who were seen making the offensive remarks. She did, however, interview CAndice, Helen and Andy about their experiences so far on the show.
An “America’s Got Talent” (1.1/4) repeat on NBC from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. was the second most watched show on Wednesday. The third most watched show of the night was “The American Baking Competition” (1.2/4) at 9 p.m.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here