*Bounce TV, the television network for African Americans, has announced a list of renewals and new launches after only 21 months on the air.
The annoucement includes programming by major station groups representing coverage in 40 markets:
. Raycom Media has renewed its original distribution agreement for Bounce TV in 26 markets (Complete list below), just launched the network in Panama City, FL (WPGX) and will add it in Knoxville, TN (WTNX) shortly.
· LIN Television Corporation (“LIN Media”) extended its Bounce TV agreement for stations in Indianapolis, IN (WNDY), Hartford/New Haven, CT (WTNH), Norfolk, VA (WAVY) and Mobile, AL/Pensacola, FL (WFNA) and recently launched the network in Buffalo, NY (WNLO), Providence, RI (WPRI) and Grand Rapids, MI (WOOD). In addition, two of the Bounce TV affiliates that LIN Media services have agreed to renew in Dayton, OH (WBDT-TV) and launch in Youngstown, OH (WYTV-TV).
· Belo Corp. has renewed its deal to carry Bounce TV on KHOU-TV in Houston, TX.
· New Orleans’ WVUE, owned by Louisiana Media Company LLC, whose owner Tom Benson owns the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, has also renewed Bounce TV.
This significant scale of renewals and additional launches will drive Bounce TV’s penetration to 88% of African American television homes and 70% of the total United States.
“It’s extremely rare in our business that carriage agreements are renewed and extended this early in a network’s life-cycle, but that is the case here and it is a resounding vote of confidence in Bounce TV,” commented Bounce TV executive vice president of distribution, Jeffrey Wolf. “From the beginning, these major stations and groups believed in our mission and embraced the promise of the network. Now they will continue to reap benefits from the enormous value we bring their viewers and their sponsors for years to come.”
Raycom has extended their original agreement to carry Bounce TV in Cleveland/Akron, OH (WOIO/WUAB), Charlotte, NC (WBTV), Cincinnati, OH (WXIX), West Palm Beach, FL (WFLX), Birmingham, AL (WBRC), Memphis, TN (WMC), Louisville, KY (WAVE), Richmond, VA (WUPV), Columbia, SC (WIS), Toledo, OH (WUPW), Huntsville, AL (WAFF), Shreveport, LA (KSLA), Jackson, MS (WLBT), Baton Rouge, LA (WAFB), Savannah, GA (WTOC), Charleston, SC (WCSC), Myrtle Beach/Florence, SC (WMBF), Tyler/Lufkin, TX (KLTV), Augusta GA (WFXG), Montgomery, AL (WSFA), Columbus, GA (WTVM), Wilmington, NC (WECT), Albany, GA (WALB), Biloxi, MS (WLOX), Hattiesburg, MS (WDAM), Dothan, AL (WDFX) and Lake Charles, LA (KPLC).
Bounce TV targets African American adults with a programming mix of original series, theatrical motion pictures, live sports, documentaries, specials, game shows and inspirational faith-based programs. Since its launch, Bounce TV has seen overwhelming success, with accelerated growth and expansion among station groups, advertisers and viewers alike.
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here