*In protest of the George Zimmerman verdict, former U.S. Olympic boxer Terrell Gausha is vowing to never sport the red, white and blue again, reports TMZ.
Gausha, who boxed in the 2012 London Summer Games, began wearing the American flag on his boxing trunks following his Olympic run. But he tells TMZ he’s done with that now in the wake of Zimmerman’s acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.
“How can I wear my stars and stripes proudly in a country where they make a big deal out of Mike Vick fighting dogs; but not a young innocent black male’s life,” he said.
Gausha has turned pro, so he’s not eligible for the U.S. team in 2016.
“When I represented my country in the Olympics I was proud to wear my flag,” Gausha added. “I even wore it on my head on the way to the ring. What happened this weekend was a slap in the face.”
Gausha says he refuses to rep a “nation with so much racism and hatred.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- D’Angelo a No-Show for Scheduled Prince Tribute at BET Awards
- #BlackTwitter to Justin Timberlake After Praising Jesse Williams: ‘He’s Talking About You, Tho’
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here