*In protest of the George Zimmerman verdict, former U.S. Olympic boxer Terrell Gausha is vowing to never sport the red, white and blue again, reports TMZ.
Gausha, who boxed in the 2012 London Summer Games, began wearing the American flag on his boxing trunks following his Olympic run. But he tells TMZ he’s done with that now in the wake of Zimmerman’s acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.
“How can I wear my stars and stripes proudly in a country where they make a big deal out of Mike Vick fighting dogs; but not a young innocent black male’s life,” he said.
Gausha has turned pro, so he’s not eligible for the U.S. team in 2016.
“When I represented my country in the Olympics I was proud to wear my flag,” Gausha added. “I even wore it on my head on the way to the ring. What happened this weekend was a slap in the face.”
Gausha says he refuses to rep a “nation with so much racism and hatred.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Memphis Principal's Response to Criticism of School's Handling of Student Shooting Goes Viral
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here