*In protest of the George Zimmerman verdict, former U.S. Olympic boxer Terrell Gausha is vowing to never sport the red, white and blue again, reports TMZ.
Gausha, who boxed in the 2012 London Summer Games, began wearing the American flag on his boxing trunks following his Olympic run. But he tells TMZ he’s done with that now in the wake of Zimmerman’s acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.
“How can I wear my stars and stripes proudly in a country where they make a big deal out of Mike Vick fighting dogs; but not a young innocent black male’s life,” he said.
Gausha has turned pro, so he’s not eligible for the U.S. team in 2016.
“When I represented my country in the Olympics I was proud to wear my flag,” Gausha added. “I even wore it on my head on the way to the ring. What happened this weekend was a slap in the face.”
Gausha says he refuses to rep a “nation with so much racism and hatred.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Detroit Woman’s ‘Dead Body on Lawn’ Halloween Prank Draws 911 Calls
- New Radio Station: ItzYourzRadioLive.com Now Broadcasting
- You Could Break the Bank Going to 'The Happiest Place On Earth!'
- Walter Scott’s Family Gets $6.5M in Settlement With N. Charleston (Watch)
- ‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega to Racist Fans: ‘I’m In the Movie, What Are You Gonna Do About It?’
- Chris and Adrienne Bosh Expecting 3rd Child Together Next Spring
- Atlanta Hawks Player Thabo Sefolosha Acquitted in NYC Arrest Case
- Taraji P. Posts IG Response to Rumors of Beef with Terrence Howard (WATCH)
- EURweb on the Scene: 3rd Annual Ocktober Film Festival
- Derek Fisher Addresses Alleged Fight With Matt Barnes
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here