*Pitbull and Nicki Minaj are among the worst offenders when it comes to rappers claiming to make more money than they actually do, according to a new report.
Both stars have boasted of making a billion in recent song lyrics, but research carried out by Business Week proves otherwise.
For sh**s and giggles, the financial website was inspired to look into the numbers after hearing Jay-Z’s new “Magna Carta Holy Grail” track “Versus,” which blasts rappers who falsely claim a higher financial bracket.
Pitbull tops the list of rappers whose actual earnings come in way under their lyrical brags. The star claimed in his 2012 song “Feel This Moment”: “Now make dollars, I mean billions, I’m a genius.” His reported 2012 earnings, however, come in at mere $9.5 million.
Nicki Minaj placed second on the graph after saying she made a billion in her track “Up In Flames,” but her reported earnings in 2012 was $15.5 million.
Jay-Z came off best after claiming to have made half a billion, with his net worth coming in at $475 million.
Listen to Jay-Z’s new track “Versus” below:
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here