*Pitbull and Nicki Minaj are among the worst offenders when it comes to rappers claiming to make more money than they actually do, according to a new report.
Both stars have boasted of making a billion in recent song lyrics, but research carried out by Business Week proves otherwise.
For sh**s and giggles, the financial website was inspired to look into the numbers after hearing Jay-Z’s new “Magna Carta Holy Grail” track “Versus,” which blasts rappers who falsely claim a higher financial bracket.
Pitbull tops the list of rappers whose actual earnings come in way under their lyrical brags. The star claimed in his 2012 song “Feel This Moment”: “Now make dollars, I mean billions, I’m a genius.” His reported 2012 earnings, however, come in at mere $9.5 million.
Nicki Minaj placed second on the graph after saying she made a billion in her track “Up In Flames,” but her reported earnings in 2012 was $15.5 million.
Jay-Z came off best after claiming to have made half a billion, with his net worth coming in at $475 million.
Listen to Jay-Z’s new track “Versus” below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here