*Pitbull and Nicki Minaj are among the worst offenders when it comes to rappers claiming to make more money than they actually do, according to a new report.
Both stars have boasted of making a billion in recent song lyrics, but research carried out by Business Week proves otherwise.
For sh**s and giggles, the financial website was inspired to look into the numbers after hearing Jay-Z’s new “Magna Carta Holy Grail” track “Versus,” which blasts rappers who falsely claim a higher financial bracket.
Pitbull tops the list of rappers whose actual earnings come in way under their lyrical brags. The star claimed in his 2012 song “Feel This Moment”: “Now make dollars, I mean billions, I’m a genius.” His reported 2012 earnings, however, come in at mere $9.5 million.
Nicki Minaj placed second on the graph after saying she made a billion in her track “Up In Flames,” but her reported earnings in 2012 was $15.5 million.
Jay-Z came off best after claiming to have made half a billion, with his net worth coming in at $475 million.
Listen to Jay-Z’s new track “Versus” below:
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here