*Pitbull and Nicki Minaj are among the worst offenders when it comes to rappers claiming to make more money than they actually do, according to a new report.
Both stars have boasted of making a billion in recent song lyrics, but research carried out by Business Week proves otherwise.
For sh**s and giggles, the financial website was inspired to look into the numbers after hearing Jay-Z’s new “Magna Carta Holy Grail” track “Versus,” which blasts rappers who falsely claim a higher financial bracket.
Pitbull tops the list of rappers whose actual earnings come in way under their lyrical brags. The star claimed in his 2012 song “Feel This Moment”: “Now make dollars, I mean billions, I’m a genius.” His reported 2012 earnings, however, come in at mere $9.5 million.
Nicki Minaj placed second on the graph after saying she made a billion in her track “Up In Flames,” but her reported earnings in 2012 was $15.5 million.
Jay-Z came off best after claiming to have made half a billion, with his net worth coming in at $475 million.
Listen to Jay-Z’s new track “Versus” below:
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here