*Pitbull and Nicki Minaj are among the worst offenders when it comes to rappers claiming to make more money than they actually do, according to a new report.
Both stars have boasted of making a billion in recent song lyrics, but research carried out by Business Week proves otherwise.
For sh**s and giggles, the financial website was inspired to look into the numbers after hearing Jay-Z’s new “Magna Carta Holy Grail” track “Versus,” which blasts rappers who falsely claim a higher financial bracket.
Pitbull tops the list of rappers whose actual earnings come in way under their lyrical brags. The star claimed in his 2012 song “Feel This Moment”: “Now make dollars, I mean billions, I’m a genius.” His reported 2012 earnings, however, come in at mere $9.5 million.
Nicki Minaj placed second on the graph after saying she made a billion in her track “Up In Flames,” but her reported earnings in 2012 was $15.5 million.
Jay-Z came off best after claiming to have made half a billion, with his net worth coming in at $475 million.
Listen to Jay-Z’s new track “Versus” below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here