As EUR and other outlets reported, some well-known performers are named on a purported list of musicians boycotting the state of Florida in the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict, but on Tuesday their representatives said their clients had no knowledge of the list.
The list was first reported by April Ryan, an American Urban Radio Networks White House correspondent. Some of the names on the list are heavyweights like Justin Timberlake, Jay Z, Kanye West, Alicia Keys and Madonna and its origin was credited to “sources close to the Stevie Wonder camp.”
The Huffington Post linked to Ryan’s list and noted at the time that representatives for artists were being contacted. The site later revealed that Rihanna was not involved, despite being named and Mother Jones reported that the Rolling Stones, also on the list, had never heard of the boycott campaign.
The Huffington Post was also contacted by additional representatives stating that their clients were not involved but didn’t identify their name on the record. More denials of involvement with the list began to surface and on Tuesday, Ryan made a post on her website saying that representatives of artists named “are uncomfortable being identified on that list.”
A similar list had been posted on Instagram and Facebook in advance of Ryan’s posting.
During a phone conversation Tuesday afternoon, Ryan told the Huffington Post that the list came from “very credible sources” who had given her accurate information in the past and were “in support of Stevie.” She said that she received the list via text message “in the middle of the night.” Ryan also claims that she did not see any of the other posts made in advance of publishing the list or her update.
Here’s Ryan’s full statement:
“I obtained from multiple sources early Monday a list of artists and entertainers who my sources told me had committed to a boycott of Florida following the George Zimmerman acquittal. Since publishing that list I have heard from several representatives of the artists named who say, on behalf of their clients, they are uncomfortable being identified on that list and are seeking additional information.”
In other words, you can blame this mess on one April Ryan.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here