*The man who helped rescue three women held captive in a Cleveland home this spring is disputing an article that claimed he’s broke and homeless.
Charles Ramsey says he may be broke, but technically – he’s not homeless. He tells WKYC he moved out of his former home near suspected kidnapper Ariel Castro and is staying with friends and family until he can find a place of his own.
Ramsey also disputes the Daily Mail’s claim that he made $50,000 over the last two months. He told WKYC he’s made $18,000 as a result of the notoriety attached to his good deed.
“It’s bull s–t,” Ramsey said of the Mail’s story. “That’s the politically correct word for it.”
The Mail declined to comment on Ramsey’s accusations, reports the Huffington Post.
Ramsey previously told Anderson Cooper he didn’t want any money offered by the FBI for the return of Gina DeJesus, one of the women who was freed. But he has accepted private donations from people showing their appreciation for his role in the kidnap victims’ rescue, according to the Christian Post.
Ramsey was also offered free burgers for life and is the subject of tattoos and even an action figure.
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here