*The man who helped rescue three women held captive in a Cleveland home this spring is disputing an article that claimed he’s broke and homeless.
Charles Ramsey says he may be broke, but technically – he’s not homeless. He tells WKYC he moved out of his former home near suspected kidnapper Ariel Castro and is staying with friends and family until he can find a place of his own.
Ramsey also disputes the Daily Mail’s claim that he made $50,000 over the last two months. He told WKYC he’s made $18,000 as a result of the notoriety attached to his good deed.
“It’s bull s–t,” Ramsey said of the Mail’s story. “That’s the politically correct word for it.”
The Mail declined to comment on Ramsey’s accusations, reports the Huffington Post.
Ramsey previously told Anderson Cooper he didn’t want any money offered by the FBI for the return of Gina DeJesus, one of the women who was freed. But he has accepted private donations from people showing their appreciation for his role in the kidnap victims’ rescue, according to the Christian Post.
Ramsey was also offered free burgers for life and is the subject of tattoos and even an action figure.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here