*The “BET Award 2013” red carpet celebrity favorite goes to Uncle Charlie … first name Charlie, last name Wilson.
It was almost unanimous that everyone was there to see Mr. Charlie Wilson or newcomer Kendrick Lamar. EURweb associate LaCora Stephens had the privilege of interviewing Wilson, so undoubtedly, she also chose Uncle Charlie as her fan fav.
Celebrities like Marsha Ambrosius, Deitrick Haddon, Kierra Sheard, Greg Mathis, Robert Townsend and daughter Skye, agreed that he is impeccable, full of grace, style and talent with a continuous relevant sound!
“I am so happy … real happy. I’ve watched for twelve years and what I’ve noticed is that, from all of the recipients for this award, nobody had a hit record at the time,” the Life Time Achievement Award winner stated. “So this is special for me. I am still new, fresh and old school at the same time. Now who’s done that?”
LaCora quickly replied, “Nobody, only Charlie Wilson!”
Meanwhile, others, like reality stars: “RHOA’s” Kenya Moore and “Married to Medicine’s” Quad Webb-Lunceford, agreed that Beyonce should pop up on the stage! “The Best Man Holiday” star Melissa Du Sousa mentioned Prince. Unfortunately, a lot of stars didn’t show: Drake, (with rumors of dropping to bypass drama with Chris Brown), Rhianna (on tour), Nikki Minaj (was there, but allegedly didn’t want to do interviews), Kelly Rowland, Beyonce, and others.
However, the surprising element was when co-creator of “Real Husbands of Hollywood,” Chris Spencer, discretely expressed interest in hosting a future award show, though he was excited to see the comeback of Chris Tucker.
The question is: were you more excited about Chris Tucker’s comeback or Charlie Wilson’s performance?
Watch LaCora Stephens chat up Uncle Charlie and other celebrities:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- The 15th Annual East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention in Philly
- Cynthia Bailey, Stacey Dash Cast in Syfy’s ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here