*Diahann Carroll is returning to Broadway for the first time in three decades to portray Denzel Washington’s mother in a revival of A Raisin In The Sun.
Washington, 58, signed on to portray disenchanted limousine driver Walter Lee Younger in a new version of Lorraine Hansberry’s play.
“Diahann Carroll is playing my mother. So this will be her first time back in 30 years… I’m excited,” he said during an appearance this morning on “Live with Kelly & Michael.”
Carroll, 78, last appeared on Broadway in a production of Agnes of God in 1983.
Previews for the revival of A Raisin in the Sun are due to begin in March 2014. Sidney Poitier originated the role of Younger in the original 1959 Broadway production of A Raisin in the Sun, and rap mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs took on the role in 2004. Both versions were turned into movies.
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here