*DMX was arrested in South Carolina early Friday for allegedly driving under the influence, according to TMZ. But the rapper’s camp claims that they got the story wrong.
The Yonkers, New York, rapper (born Earl Simmons) was subsequently taken to the Greenville County Detention Center and released within an hour, but he wasn’t charged with drunk driving, his publicist insists.
“Allegations about DMX being arrested for drunk driving are false. He was arrested early this morning but quickly released. X was given a breathalyzer test and easily passed it,” the MC’s rep told MTV News in a written statement, adding that the rapper was charged with driving without a license.
X caught the same suspended license charge back in February after a South Carolina officer pulled him over in his 1978 Buick and arrested him. “No, I didn’t have a license … put the cuffs on me; brought me here. I paid the money. Basically, just five hours wasted for nothing,” he told a local Fox station after the February arrest.
“He is back at his home in South Carolina and we are continuing our focus on his upcoming album and acting roles,” his rep told MTV News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here