*DMX was arrested in South Carolina early Friday for allegedly driving under the influence, according to TMZ. But the rapper’s camp claims that they got the story wrong.
The Yonkers, New York, rapper (born Earl Simmons) was subsequently taken to the Greenville County Detention Center and released within an hour, but he wasn’t charged with drunk driving, his publicist insists.
“Allegations about DMX being arrested for drunk driving are false. He was arrested early this morning but quickly released. X was given a breathalyzer test and easily passed it,” the MC’s rep told MTV News in a written statement, adding that the rapper was charged with driving without a license.
X caught the same suspended license charge back in February after a South Carolina officer pulled him over in his 1978 Buick and arrested him. “No, I didn’t have a license … put the cuffs on me; brought me here. I paid the money. Basically, just five hours wasted for nothing,” he told a local Fox station after the February arrest.
“He is back at his home in South Carolina and we are continuing our focus on his upcoming album and acting roles,” his rep told MTV News.
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here