*DMX was arrested in South Carolina early Friday for allegedly driving under the influence, according to TMZ. But the rapper’s camp claims that they got the story wrong.
The Yonkers, New York, rapper (born Earl Simmons) was subsequently taken to the Greenville County Detention Center and released within an hour, but he wasn’t charged with drunk driving, his publicist insists.
“Allegations about DMX being arrested for drunk driving are false. He was arrested early this morning but quickly released. X was given a breathalyzer test and easily passed it,” the MC’s rep told MTV News in a written statement, adding that the rapper was charged with driving without a license.
X caught the same suspended license charge back in February after a South Carolina officer pulled him over in his 1978 Buick and arrested him. “No, I didn’t have a license … put the cuffs on me; brought me here. I paid the money. Basically, just five hours wasted for nothing,” he told a local Fox station after the February arrest.
“He is back at his home in South Carolina and we are continuing our focus on his upcoming album and acting roles,” his rep told MTV News.
- Raven-Symoné Co-signs Oprah: 'Black Twitter Hates Me'
- Walmart Denies Customer Confederate Flag Cake, OK's ISIS Cake in Error (Video)
- Michael Sam Ends Six-Month Engagement With Fiancé
- 'UnSung Revisited' Debuts Tonight with Full Force & Paul Anthony
- Kem: 25 Years of Sobriety, Opens Up on Overcoming Drug Addiction
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here