*On the heels of his ex-wife, Siohvaughn Funches, making news over the weekend for giving the impression that she’s homeless, Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade has reached a financial settlement with her six long years after their initial split.
According to TMZ, Wade’s attorney released a statement earlier today saying the NBA baller has “provided a very generous settlement” to Funches. Wade filed for divorce in 2007 … it was granted in 2010, and Wade was awarded sole custody of their two sons in 2011.
The divorce was brutal, especially regarding custody — Siohvaughn was arrested last summer for allegedly attempting to abduct their kids. She subsequently accused Dwyane of all sorts of bad parenting, including depriving them of life-saving asthma medication.
On Friday, Funches publicly accused Wade of leaving her homeless and destitute, taking to the streets of Chicago with a sign that read, “NBA Miami Heat star, mother of his children on the streets.” Wade claims he’s been paying her $25,000 a month, and also paid for her mortgage and four cars.
As for custody, not so fast. Unfortunately, it’s still a contentious situation ’cause guess who wants visitation rights? Yep, Siohvaughn. The bottom line is that the court hasn’t decided that part of the issue. Stay tuned.
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here