*Today is Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s last day on “The View.”
The conservative co-host will leave the show to join Fox News Channel’s morning show “Fox & Friends” as a co-host, according to ABC. She’s replacing Gretchen Carlson, who is getting her own show on the channel.
For months, speculation has run rampant that Hasselbeck, 36, was being pushed out of “The View” after a decade because of her unpopularity with viewers. In March, host Barbara Walters vehemently denied the rumor and said Hasselbeck had been signed to a long-term contract.
In a statement yesterday, Hasselbeck said, “I have been a longtime fan of ‘Fox & Friends,’ and am excited to be joining their team in September as it is an honor to call the Fox News Channel my new television home.”
Fox CEO Roger Ailes said in a statement that Hasselbeck “has proven to be an excellent conversationalist, and I am certain she will make a great addition to our already successful morning franchise.”
Walters added in her own press report, “We will miss her and wish her everything good.”
Original “View” co-host Joy Behar is departing the show next month. Walters announced she will retire in spring 2014. Only moderator Whoopi Goldberg and co-host Sherri Shepherd are expected to remain.
Actresses Jenny McCarthy and Brooke Shields reportedly are in talks to join the show.
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here