*Today is Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s last day on “The View.”
The conservative co-host will leave the show to join Fox News Channel’s morning show “Fox & Friends” as a co-host, according to ABC. She’s replacing Gretchen Carlson, who is getting her own show on the channel.
For months, speculation has run rampant that Hasselbeck, 36, was being pushed out of “The View” after a decade because of her unpopularity with viewers. In March, host Barbara Walters vehemently denied the rumor and said Hasselbeck had been signed to a long-term contract.
In a statement yesterday, Hasselbeck said, “I have been a longtime fan of ‘Fox & Friends,’ and am excited to be joining their team in September as it is an honor to call the Fox News Channel my new television home.”
Fox CEO Roger Ailes said in a statement that Hasselbeck “has proven to be an excellent conversationalist, and I am certain she will make a great addition to our already successful morning franchise.”
Walters added in her own press report, “We will miss her and wish her everything good.”
Original “View” co-host Joy Behar is departing the show next month. Walters announced she will retire in spring 2014. Only moderator Whoopi Goldberg and co-host Sherri Shepherd are expected to remain.
Actresses Jenny McCarthy and Brooke Shields reportedly are in talks to join the show.
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Fo Yo Soul Recordings/RCA Signs Christon Gray
- Nick Gordon Hires Casey Anthony’s Lawyer
- Vanessa Williams Marries Jim Skrip in July 4th Wedding (Pics)
- Enter & WIN in THE GALLOWS 'Found Footage' Sweepstakes from EUR and Warner Bros. /New Line Cinema
- Trump Calls Columbian Miss Universe ‘Hypocrite’ for Keeping Crown Despite Criticism
- Brown Family Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice (Report)
- Bobby Brown Vows 'Justice' Over Bobbi Kristina’s Leaked Hospice Pic (Watch)
- Serena Beats Sister Venus, Advances to Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here