Gabrielle Union, Omari Hardwick, Richard Roundtree, B.J. Britt, Margaret Avery, Aaron D. Spears and LaTarsha Rose were all in attendance.
Below, several of the cast members stopped to speak with our associate, LaCora Stephens, about the upcoming premiere tonight at 10:30e/p – 9:30c on BET.
Mari Akil wrote and directs the story of what Omari Hardwick describes as an African American journalist who is “elegant, strong, and assertive but can’t figure out her love life. She is trying to figure out how to assist her family along the way and not be drowned in the things they need.”
Her little brother is played by B.J. Britt and he states that “you must be prepared because it’s going to be hot.” LaTarsha Rose says that “it’s very much like a real family unit.”
Margaret Avery, who plays the mother of Gabrielle and B.J., encourages the audience to watch and then write-in to BET stating that you like it, so more scripts can be written. Her character, by the way, has lupus which hopefully will bring more attention to the illness.
Aaron D. Spears summed it up as a “real life representation of African American love in its real glory like ‘The Huxtables’ filled with love, life, rhythm and harmony.”
More info at http://www.bet.com/beingmaryjane
Watch LaCora’s interviews with cast members of “Being Mary Jane”:
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here