The awards are given annually to salute outstanding individuals who are committed to making positive contributions that strengthen the African-American community.
This year’s honorees include: legendary singer Gladys Knight, known as the “Empress of Soul,” supermodel Beverly Johnson, executive vice president of the Chicago White Sox Kenny Williams and environmentalist Charles Orgbon.
McDonald’s 365Black Awards launched in 2003 as an extension of the company’s 365Black platform, which celebrates the pride, heritage and achievements of African-Americans year-round.
The tenth annual presentation was hosted by hot actress Taraji P. Henson and will air on BET sometime in August.
Check out snaps above and below from what they called the “golden” carpet and from Taraji hosting and Beverly Johnson accepting her award.
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here