The awards are given annually to salute outstanding individuals who are committed to making positive contributions that strengthen the African-American community.
This year’s honorees include: legendary singer Gladys Knight, known as the “Empress of Soul,” supermodel Beverly Johnson, executive vice president of the Chicago White Sox Kenny Williams and environmentalist Charles Orgbon.
McDonald’s 365Black Awards launched in 2003 as an extension of the company’s 365Black platform, which celebrates the pride, heritage and achievements of African-Americans year-round.
The tenth annual presentation was hosted by hot actress Taraji P. Henson and will air on BET sometime in August.
Check out snaps above and below from what they called the “golden” carpet and from Taraji hosting and Beverly Johnson accepting her award.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here