The awards are given annually to salute outstanding individuals who are committed to making positive contributions that strengthen the African-American community.
This year’s honorees include: legendary singer Gladys Knight, known as the “Empress of Soul,” supermodel Beverly Johnson, executive vice president of the Chicago White Sox Kenny Williams and environmentalist Charles Orgbon.
McDonald’s 365Black Awards launched in 2003 as an extension of the company’s 365Black platform, which celebrates the pride, heritage and achievements of African-Americans year-round.
The tenth annual presentation was hosted by hot actress Taraji P. Henson and will air on BET sometime in August.
Check out snaps above and below from what they called the “golden” carpet and from Taraji hosting and Beverly Johnson accepting her award.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here