*”Oprah’s Lifeclass” is back this Sunday, July 7 at 9pm E/P on OWN, with a follow up episode of “Fatherless Sons.”
Oprah Winfrey is joined by Iyanla Vanzant (“Iyanla: Fix My Life”), Geoffrey Canada (CEO of Harlem Children’s Zone) and Dr. Steve Perry (Founder and Principal of Capital Preparatory Magnet School) to discuss the viewer reaction, hear personal stories and give practical action steps for sons, fathers, mothers and their families in the audience and online, on how to deal with the fatherless sons crisis affecting 21 million children in the United States today.
During the episode, we meet a father Aveion Sr. and his 13 year old son Aveion Jr. who open up about their desire to repair their relationship and, with a live coaching session from Iyanla, have an emotional breakthrough.
This dynamic, interactive show allows “Lifeclass” viewers and students from over 200 countries worldwide to be a part of the online classroom experience by joining in the conversation with Oprah Winfrey via Oprah.com and Twitter using #Lifeclass. Produced by Harpo Studios. Executive produced by Dana Brooks Reinglass, Jill Van Lokeren and Jonathan Sinclair.
Below are practical action steps from “Oprah’s Lifeclass” episode ‘Fatherless Sons: The Reaction’ that every father can take in an effort to reconnect with his children (as provided by expert Geoffrey Canada):
1. Pick your son up from school
2. Cook a meal together
3. Take a day off of work to go on a school trip
4. Go to parent/teacher conferences
5. Show up at school just because
6. Go to the school play
7. Show up at graduation
8. Teach your child about something you love.
Watch this EUR exclusive sneak peek of this weekend’s show:
“Oprah’s Lifeclass” airs this Sunday, July 7, at 9pm E/P on the Oprah Winfrey Network/OWN
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here