*”Oprah’s Lifeclass” is back this Sunday, July 7 at 9pm E/P on OWN, with a follow up episode of “Fatherless Sons.”
Oprah Winfrey is joined by Iyanla Vanzant (“Iyanla: Fix My Life”), Geoffrey Canada (CEO of Harlem Children’s Zone) and Dr. Steve Perry (Founder and Principal of Capital Preparatory Magnet School) to discuss the viewer reaction, hear personal stories and give practical action steps for sons, fathers, mothers and their families in the audience and online, on how to deal with the fatherless sons crisis affecting 21 million children in the United States today.
During the episode, we meet a father Aveion Sr. and his 13 year old son Aveion Jr. who open up about their desire to repair their relationship and, with a live coaching session from Iyanla, have an emotional breakthrough.
This dynamic, interactive show allows “Lifeclass” viewers and students from over 200 countries worldwide to be a part of the online classroom experience by joining in the conversation with Oprah Winfrey via Oprah.com and Twitter using #Lifeclass. Produced by Harpo Studios. Executive produced by Dana Brooks Reinglass, Jill Van Lokeren and Jonathan Sinclair.
Below are practical action steps from “Oprah’s Lifeclass” episode ‘Fatherless Sons: The Reaction’ that every father can take in an effort to reconnect with his children (as provided by expert Geoffrey Canada):
1. Pick your son up from school
2. Cook a meal together
3. Take a day off of work to go on a school trip
4. Go to parent/teacher conferences
5. Show up at school just because
6. Go to the school play
7. Show up at graduation
8. Teach your child about something you love.
Watch this EUR exclusive sneak peek of this weekend’s show:
“Oprah’s Lifeclass” airs this Sunday, July 7, at 9pm E/P on the Oprah Winfrey Network/OWN
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here