“I thought about it, I talked to my wife [Kiki] about it and we thought we wanted to do it,” Tyson said in an interview with ESPN2’s “Friday Night Fights” about his Iron Mike Productions. “I feel so awesome to be involved with the game again. That just feels so awesome.”
Tyson, who hasn’t fought since 2005, worked out a deal with with Florida-based promotional company Acquinity Sports and changed its name to Iron Mike Productions. The first bit of business for the sorta new entity is set to take place Aug. 23. It will feature junior-lightweight champion Argenis Mendez defending his title against Arash Usmanee.
*Remember all the drama between Kobe Bryant and his mama, Pamela Bryant, over his merchandise that she wanted access to auction off? Kobe sued her to block the action, but they reached an agreement where he allowed her to sell around 10% of the memorabilia. Well, the auction went through and lo and behold Pamela done struck Kobe gold!
Well the auction ended Friday night, and according to TMZ, Momz walked away with almost half a million dollahs!
— 2000 NBA L.A. Lakers Championship ring: $165,889.80
— 2000 All Star ring: $52,854
— Kobe’s used H.S. Uniform: $48,048.15
— Kobe’s used Lakers jersey: $7,938.45 (less than the H.S. jersey, shockingly)
— Kobe American Flag Adidas Sneakers: $7,216.25
A lot more was sold. All in all the items raked in $450,000.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here