*Former Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash has had all charges of sexual molestation dropped by a judge in federal court because the accusers waited too long to file.
The lawsuits filed by Cecil Singleton, Kevin Kiadii and a third unnamed accuser were tossed after a judge said the statute of limitations had run out. As the judge detailed, the statute of limitations to sue someone for molestation expires three years after the accusers’ 18th birthday. Singleton was 23 when he filed his report in 2012.
Singleton and Kiadii accused Clash of indecent behavior when they were underaged. A third and later a fourth accusation came forward, however, the fourth eventually retracted his accusation.
Clash has denied all charges brought against him. He resigned from his long-serving post on “Sesame Street” in the wake of the allegations. No word on whether the accusers will make an appeal on the case.
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Tami Roman Suffers Miscarriage
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here