*Former Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash has had all charges of sexual molestation dropped by a judge in federal court because the accusers waited too long to file.
The lawsuits filed by Cecil Singleton, Kevin Kiadii and a third unnamed accuser were tossed after a judge said the statute of limitations had run out. As the judge detailed, the statute of limitations to sue someone for molestation expires three years after the accusers’ 18th birthday. Singleton was 23 when he filed his report in 2012.
Singleton and Kiadii accused Clash of indecent behavior when they were underaged. A third and later a fourth accusation came forward, however, the fourth eventually retracted his accusation.
Clash has denied all charges brought against him. He resigned from his long-serving post on “Sesame Street” in the wake of the allegations. No word on whether the accusers will make an appeal on the case.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here