*Former Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash has had all charges of sexual molestation dropped by a judge in federal court because the accusers waited too long to file.
The lawsuits filed by Cecil Singleton, Kevin Kiadii and a third unnamed accuser were tossed after a judge said the statute of limitations had run out. As the judge detailed, the statute of limitations to sue someone for molestation expires three years after the accusers’ 18th birthday. Singleton was 23 when he filed his report in 2012.
Singleton and Kiadii accused Clash of indecent behavior when they were underaged. A third and later a fourth accusation came forward, however, the fourth eventually retracted his accusation.
Clash has denied all charges brought against him. He resigned from his long-serving post on “Sesame Street” in the wake of the allegations. No word on whether the accusers will make an appeal on the case.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Jonathan Butler's Inspired Journey Pt2: 'I Am That I Am' (WATCH)
- Parenting Blog ‘Mom Junction’ Lists ’85 Popular Ghetto Baby Names’ For Your Child
- Prince’s ‘Take Me With U’ Jacket from ‘Purple Rain’ Up for Auction
- Will & Jada Launch New Initiative Under Obama’s ‘My Brother’s Keeper’
- Sheila E. Vows to Protect Prince - Lil Wayne Poses with No 'Respek' Crew
- 'Sisters In Law': Rhonda Wills Talks 'Staggering' Prince Estate and 'Criminal' Katrina Pierson [EUR Exclusive]
- Blind Boy (Christopher Ward) Sees 'Pretty' Mom for First Time (WATCH)
- Usher Responds to ‘Skinny’ Hate; ‘1st Look’ at 2Pac Shakur Biopic (WATCH)
- Tanya Hart Elected Co-chair of The Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here