*Former Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash has had all charges of sexual molestation dropped by a judge in federal court because the accusers waited too long to file.
The lawsuits filed by Cecil Singleton, Kevin Kiadii and a third unnamed accuser were tossed after a judge said the statute of limitations had run out. As the judge detailed, the statute of limitations to sue someone for molestation expires three years after the accusers’ 18th birthday. Singleton was 23 when he filed his report in 2012.
Singleton and Kiadii accused Clash of indecent behavior when they were underaged. A third and later a fourth accusation came forward, however, the fourth eventually retracted his accusation.
Clash has denied all charges brought against him. He resigned from his long-serving post on “Sesame Street” in the wake of the allegations. No word on whether the accusers will make an appeal on the case.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Calls 911 Because Girlfriend Won’t Have Sex With Him
- Harvard’s World Champion Debate Team Loses to New York Inmates
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here