*The family that George Zimmerman saved from an overturned vehicle earlier this week insists that, while they are thankful to the man recently acquitted by a Florida court for the murder of Trayvon Martin, they are terrified of being publicly associated with him.
Today, a spokesperson for Zimmerman attorney Mark O’Mara confirmed that the family will cancel a planned news conference saying that “They don’t want to be associated with George.”
“Mark and Dana Michelle Gerstle told friends and neighbors that though they’re thankful Mr. Zimmerman helped them, they do not want to talk publicly about him for fear they will be accused of portraying him as a hero,” reads a Tuesday report in The Daily Mail.
“They are very grateful to Zimmerman for what he did, but they do not want to get involved,” an anonymous friend of that family told the Mail. “There is so much hatred directed towards him they have got to think about their own family. There are a lot of crazies out there. If they say anything in support of him it could backfire.”
On Wednesday, WESH-TV Florida reporter Bob Kealing confirmed that the family will not appear in public to discuss the event, in spite of police and press requests that the family explain what happened when Zimmerman allegedly saved them from a car wreck.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here