*Columbia, SC -– “While much has been written and talked about on the subject of boys growing up without their fathers, little has been brought to the forefront of public attention when it comes to fatherless daughters,” states author Angela Carr Patterson of www.thelovelifestylecoach.com.
She says this silence will come to an end today, July 21, when Oprah Winfrey and Iyanla Vanzant host a Life Class on the OWN Network entitled, “Daddyless Daughters.” The writer is a trusted authority on the subject, and expressed delight that the OWN Network is bringing this topic to a global platform, as she had a chance to view the taping of the shows online.
“We cannot solve these issues in just two television shows, but we can get the conversation started,” notes Angela.
An advocate for addressing this neglected subject, Angela notes the effects on a girl’s life who grows up with an unavailable, unattached or absent father can be catastrophic. An adult woman who did not have the validation, love and support of an attentive and loving father will experience many devastating issues in life from relationships problems, money issues, career and health problems. As a follow-up, Angela is hosting a series of free events throughout the country, entitled “Fatherless Daughters…The Conversation Continues”, kicking off late July in Columbia, SC and running through the October in Atlanta, GA.
Patterson, author of “I’m Not That Woman…A Fatherless Daughter’s Journey to Being,” has been speaking and coaching fatherless daughters for years through her Fatherless Daughters Breakthrough System. She offers a free video and online quiz to determine which of her four Fatherless Daughter Archetypes best resembles the behavior and thought patterns that are rooted in a father-daughter relationship. “I’ve worked with women from all over the world, various backgrounds and our daddy wounds are the same. Until we heal our daddy wounds, our souls will continue to have this hole and our lives will continue on this up and down roller coaster,” says Angela.
Participants will hear stories of women who have been able to heal and move beyond their daddy wounds and learn how they did it. Angela Carr Patterson will also share her 3 Step Formula to moving your life beyond your painful past to moving towards a life of love, acceptance and forgiveness. Attendees can partake in an open panel discussion and have their questions answered by an expert panel. To learn more on how to be apart of this one of a kind open panel discussion or to host an event in your area, contact [email protected], or visit the website at www.fatherlessdaughters.net.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here