*Columbia, SC -– “While much has been written and talked about on the subject of boys growing up without their fathers, little has been brought to the forefront of public attention when it comes to fatherless daughters,” states author Angela Carr Patterson of www.thelovelifestylecoach.com.
She says this silence will come to an end today, July 21, when Oprah Winfrey and Iyanla Vanzant host a Life Class on the OWN Network entitled, “Daddyless Daughters.” The writer is a trusted authority on the subject, and expressed delight that the OWN Network is bringing this topic to a global platform, as she had a chance to view the taping of the shows online.
“We cannot solve these issues in just two television shows, but we can get the conversation started,” notes Angela.
An advocate for addressing this neglected subject, Angela notes the effects on a girl’s life who grows up with an unavailable, unattached or absent father can be catastrophic. An adult woman who did not have the validation, love and support of an attentive and loving father will experience many devastating issues in life from relationships problems, money issues, career and health problems. As a follow-up, Angela is hosting a series of free events throughout the country, entitled “Fatherless Daughters…The Conversation Continues”, kicking off late July in Columbia, SC and running through the October in Atlanta, GA.
Patterson, author of “I’m Not That Woman…A Fatherless Daughter’s Journey to Being,” has been speaking and coaching fatherless daughters for years through her Fatherless Daughters Breakthrough System. She offers a free video and online quiz to determine which of her four Fatherless Daughter Archetypes best resembles the behavior and thought patterns that are rooted in a father-daughter relationship. “I’ve worked with women from all over the world, various backgrounds and our daddy wounds are the same. Until we heal our daddy wounds, our souls will continue to have this hole and our lives will continue on this up and down roller coaster,” says Angela.
Participants will hear stories of women who have been able to heal and move beyond their daddy wounds and learn how they did it. Angela Carr Patterson will also share her 3 Step Formula to moving your life beyond your painful past to moving towards a life of love, acceptance and forgiveness. Attendees can partake in an open panel discussion and have their questions answered by an expert panel. To learn more on how to be apart of this one of a kind open panel discussion or to host an event in your area, contact [email protected], or visit the website at www.fatherlessdaughters.net.
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here