*Columbia, SC -– “While much has been written and talked about on the subject of boys growing up without their fathers, little has been brought to the forefront of public attention when it comes to fatherless daughters,” states author Angela Carr Patterson of www.thelovelifestylecoach.com.
She says this silence will come to an end today, July 21, when Oprah Winfrey and Iyanla Vanzant host a Life Class on the OWN Network entitled, “Daddyless Daughters.” The writer is a trusted authority on the subject, and expressed delight that the OWN Network is bringing this topic to a global platform, as she had a chance to view the taping of the shows online.
“We cannot solve these issues in just two television shows, but we can get the conversation started,” notes Angela.
An advocate for addressing this neglected subject, Angela notes the effects on a girl’s life who grows up with an unavailable, unattached or absent father can be catastrophic. An adult woman who did not have the validation, love and support of an attentive and loving father will experience many devastating issues in life from relationships problems, money issues, career and health problems. As a follow-up, Angela is hosting a series of free events throughout the country, entitled “Fatherless Daughters…The Conversation Continues”, kicking off late July in Columbia, SC and running through the October in Atlanta, GA.
Patterson, author of “I’m Not That Woman…A Fatherless Daughter’s Journey to Being,” has been speaking and coaching fatherless daughters for years through her Fatherless Daughters Breakthrough System. She offers a free video and online quiz to determine which of her four Fatherless Daughter Archetypes best resembles the behavior and thought patterns that are rooted in a father-daughter relationship. “I’ve worked with women from all over the world, various backgrounds and our daddy wounds are the same. Until we heal our daddy wounds, our souls will continue to have this hole and our lives will continue on this up and down roller coaster,” says Angela.
Participants will hear stories of women who have been able to heal and move beyond their daddy wounds and learn how they did it. Angela Carr Patterson will also share her 3 Step Formula to moving your life beyond your painful past to moving towards a life of love, acceptance and forgiveness. Attendees can partake in an open panel discussion and have their questions answered by an expert panel. To learn more on how to be apart of this one of a kind open panel discussion or to host an event in your area, contact [email protected], or visit the website at www.fatherlessdaughters.net.
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here