*The rumors have been circulating as to who will be cast as the next James Bond and the “Pacific Rim” star Idris Elba’s name has been thrown in the ring.
Digital Spy caught up with Elba and asked him about the Bond rumors. Although flattered, Idris seems to have adapted a kind of “take it or leave” position on the matter.
“It’s not something that I actually hope to come to fruition. It would be lovely if it did, but it’s a rumor.” He continued: “It’s actually like the will of a nation type-thing. I’m not a champion of myself to be James Bond, but there are so many people who say, ‘Hey, you’d be a great one. We’d love to see that’. That’s a great feeling for me. That’s such a national treasure for us in England, we love James Bond. To be considered as one of those actors who could play him is great.”
This isn’t the first time a black actor was rumored to play the role of Bond. Before Elba there was reported that Colin Salmon who up for the role but his connection with the series, having co-starred as MI6 agent Robinson in “Tomorrow Never Dies,” “The World is Not Enough” and “Die Another Day,” took him out of the running rather than his ethnicity.
Elba was similarly gracious but not especially eager when asked recently about rumors that he might play another notable British icon, Doctor Who, telling the audience in a ‘Luther’ Q&A that he’d “look silly in a bow tie.”
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here