*The Olympics is the height of an athlete’s career.
Some will not pass up the opportunity to participate in the Olympics no matter what their physical condition might be…look at Lance Armstrong.
Olympic runner Novlene Williams-Mills was diagnosed with breast cancer, but unbeknownst to any of her running colleagues, she took to the track in June of 2012, just days after her , to win her spot on the Olympic team in the Jamaican Senior National Championships.
She won the 400 meters in 50.60 seconds to win her spot on the team. A month later, she went on to London with her team to win the 400 meter with the Jamaican relay team, according to the Daily Mail.
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here