*Sony has just unveiled a teaser spotlighting Jamie Foxx’s character Electro in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” due May 2, 2014.
The character appears for a split second at the tail end of the trailer, which was released for the film’s San Diego Comic-Con panel.
“I can feel it in the walls. I feel it in my veins,” Foxx says in a voiceover – undoubtedly talking about his new powers. “No matter what you do doc, you can’t contain it. You want to know how powerful I am? Well I want to know too. I’m Electro.”
Sony’s “Amazing Spider-Man 2” panel is happening Friday, with Foxx appearing alongside the film’s star, Andrew Garfield, director Marc Webb and co-star Dane DeHann. In the sequel to last year’s “The Amazing Spider-Man,” Peter Parker (Garfield) is balancing school and crime-fighting with spending time with his lady friend, Gwen (Emma Stone). Things get even more complicated when new villain Electro (Foxx) emerges, and his old friend, Harry Osborn (DeHaan), comes back into his life.
In the comics, Electro’s alter ego, Max Dillon, was given the power to control electricity after being struck by lightning while repairing a power line. He first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man No. 9 in 1964.
Watch the new footage of Electro below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here