*Sony has just unveiled a teaser spotlighting Jamie Foxx’s character Electro in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” due May 2, 2014.
The character appears for a split second at the tail end of the trailer, which was released for the film’s San Diego Comic-Con panel.
“I can feel it in the walls. I feel it in my veins,” Foxx says in a voiceover – undoubtedly talking about his new powers. “No matter what you do doc, you can’t contain it. You want to know how powerful I am? Well I want to know too. I’m Electro.”
Sony’s “Amazing Spider-Man 2” panel is happening Friday, with Foxx appearing alongside the film’s star, Andrew Garfield, director Marc Webb and co-star Dane DeHann. In the sequel to last year’s “The Amazing Spider-Man,” Peter Parker (Garfield) is balancing school and crime-fighting with spending time with his lady friend, Gwen (Emma Stone). Things get even more complicated when new villain Electro (Foxx) emerges, and his old friend, Harry Osborn (DeHaan), comes back into his life.
In the comics, Electro’s alter ego, Max Dillon, was given the power to control electricity after being struck by lightning while repairing a power line. He first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man No. 9 in 1964.
Watch the new footage of Electro below.
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here