*Sony has just unveiled a teaser spotlighting Jamie Foxx’s character Electro in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” due May 2, 2014.
The character appears for a split second at the tail end of the trailer, which was released for the film’s San Diego Comic-Con panel.
“I can feel it in the walls. I feel it in my veins,” Foxx says in a voiceover – undoubtedly talking about his new powers. “No matter what you do doc, you can’t contain it. You want to know how powerful I am? Well I want to know too. I’m Electro.”
Sony’s “Amazing Spider-Man 2” panel is happening Friday, with Foxx appearing alongside the film’s star, Andrew Garfield, director Marc Webb and co-star Dane DeHann. In the sequel to last year’s “The Amazing Spider-Man,” Peter Parker (Garfield) is balancing school and crime-fighting with spending time with his lady friend, Gwen (Emma Stone). Things get even more complicated when new villain Electro (Foxx) emerges, and his old friend, Harry Osborn (DeHaan), comes back into his life.
In the comics, Electro’s alter ego, Max Dillon, was given the power to control electricity after being struck by lightning while repairing a power line. He first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man No. 9 in 1964.
Watch the new footage of Electro below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here