*Sony has just unveiled a teaser spotlighting Jamie Foxx’s character Electro in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” due May 2, 2014.
The character appears for a split second at the tail end of the trailer, which was released for the film’s San Diego Comic-Con panel.
“I can feel it in the walls. I feel it in my veins,” Foxx says in a voiceover – undoubtedly talking about his new powers. “No matter what you do doc, you can’t contain it. You want to know how powerful I am? Well I want to know too. I’m Electro.”
Sony’s “Amazing Spider-Man 2” panel is happening Friday, with Foxx appearing alongside the film’s star, Andrew Garfield, director Marc Webb and co-star Dane DeHann. In the sequel to last year’s “The Amazing Spider-Man,” Peter Parker (Garfield) is balancing school and crime-fighting with spending time with his lady friend, Gwen (Emma Stone). Things get even more complicated when new villain Electro (Foxx) emerges, and his old friend, Harry Osborn (DeHaan), comes back into his life.
In the comics, Electro’s alter ego, Max Dillon, was given the power to control electricity after being struck by lightning while repairing a power line. He first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man No. 9 in 1964.
Watch the new footage of Electro below.
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Tami Roman Suffers Miscarriage
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here