*Timbaland almost missed out on the chance to work with Jay-Z on “Magna Carta Holy Grail” after they fell out over ”petty stuff” years before.
The producer and rapper, who teamed for the track “BBC” on Jay-Z’s latest album, actually fell out after working together on Jay-Z’s “The Blueprint 3,” released in 2009.
In an interview on Revolt TV, Timbaland said: ”Jay and I fell out. I missed his 40th [birthday.] It was over petty stuff. It was more personal stuff and disagreements. It was not industry-related. It was personal, and I was wrong.”
The stars, who have worked closely together for over ten years, reunited while Timbaland was working on Justin Timberlake’s “20/20 Experience” and resolved their issues when they realized they were ”better together.”
“[The fall-out] was low key, nobody know about this,” said Timbaland. “But when you’re real friends, you will disagree and not speak and come back together and realize that you’re better together than apart.”
Timbaland persuaded Jay-Z to record his new album – which was released to Samsung Galaxy users on July 4.
”I played this one beat. I said, ‘I got something just for you.’ And I played it and he was like [makes surprised face], ‘Oh my God.’ From then, we did two off bat,” said Timbaland. “Then he was like, let’s just go in. And that’s how we did it. We didn’t plan it. It just happened.”
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here