*Timbaland almost missed out on the chance to work with Jay-Z on “Magna Carta Holy Grail” after they fell out over ”petty stuff” years before.
The producer and rapper, who teamed for the track “BBC” on Jay-Z’s latest album, actually fell out after working together on Jay-Z’s “The Blueprint 3,” released in 2009.
In an interview on Revolt TV, Timbaland said: ”Jay and I fell out. I missed his 40th [birthday.] It was over petty stuff. It was more personal stuff and disagreements. It was not industry-related. It was personal, and I was wrong.”
The stars, who have worked closely together for over ten years, reunited while Timbaland was working on Justin Timberlake’s “20/20 Experience” and resolved their issues when they realized they were ”better together.”
“[The fall-out] was low key, nobody know about this,” said Timbaland. “But when you’re real friends, you will disagree and not speak and come back together and realize that you’re better together than apart.”
Timbaland persuaded Jay-Z to record his new album – which was released to Samsung Galaxy users on July 4.
”I played this one beat. I said, ‘I got something just for you.’ And I played it and he was like [makes surprised face], ‘Oh my God.’ From then, we did two off bat,” said Timbaland. “Then he was like, let’s just go in. And that’s how we did it. We didn’t plan it. It just happened.”
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here