*Chris Brown and Drake will not have to pay a New York nightclub that says it took a financial hit due to their infamous brawl over Rihanna.
Brown and Drake were sued for $16 million by Entertainment Enterprises, the company behind Greenhouse nightclub in NYC. Greenhouse is adjacent to W.i.P nightclub — where entourages of the two got into a bottle-throwing brawl in June 2012.
Entertainment Enterprises claimed their reputation was affected following the ordeal because of its proximity to Greenhouse, and therefore cost them a lot of money.
Drake responded to the lawsuit, saying it wasn’t his problem — because he can’t control how the media reported the incident. This week, the judge in the case took his side, saying Drake and Chris had no duty to the club to behave — especially because their brawl didn’t even occur on Greenhouse’s premises. While nightclub brawls are unfortunate, they’re not uncommon, the judge continued, which means Entertainment Enterprises can’t just sue whenever a fight happens.
The lawsuit was tossed out.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here