*Chris Brown and Drake will not have to pay a New York nightclub that says it took a financial hit due to their infamous brawl over Rihanna.
Brown and Drake were sued for $16 million by Entertainment Enterprises, the company behind Greenhouse nightclub in NYC. Greenhouse is adjacent to W.i.P nightclub — where entourages of the two got into a bottle-throwing brawl in June 2012.
Entertainment Enterprises claimed their reputation was affected following the ordeal because of its proximity to Greenhouse, and therefore cost them a lot of money.
Drake responded to the lawsuit, saying it wasn’t his problem — because he can’t control how the media reported the incident. This week, the judge in the case took his side, saying Drake and Chris had no duty to the club to behave — especially because their brawl didn’t even occur on Greenhouse’s premises. While nightclub brawls are unfortunate, they’re not uncommon, the judge continued, which means Entertainment Enterprises can’t just sue whenever a fight happens.
The lawsuit was tossed out.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here