Here’s what Gibson told TMZ via a statement:
“Earlier this month during the Essence Music Festival, I was involved in an incident with other individuals while I was out with my wife.”
He continues, “It’s unfortunate that some see opportunity in taking advantage of people who work hard for what they have achieved.”
Gibson says he takes pride in being a role model for his son and other kids who look up to him — and adds, “Once all the facts of the incident come out, I expect to be fully vindicated.”
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here