*OWN presented the cast of “Raising Whitley” for its panel at Thursday’s Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, with star Kym Whitley joined by her villagers – co-parent Rodney Van Johnson and stylist Wendell James – as well as her adorable son, Joshua.
The 3-year-old was carried onto the stage at the tail end of the panel, defiantly sucking on a binky (which they call peppy) and holding a long curtain that looked like it had been snatched down from backstage. Listen.
Most of the questions for Whitley centered on Joshua’s birth mother (someone who Kym had mentored) and if she really just left him at the hospital with instructions to give him to Kym – as the comedian suggests in the show’s opening credits.
“Okay. The truth, the real truth, is…okay,” she said, getting comfortable in her chair. She looked at her executive producer Craig Piligian and said, “Craig, I don’t know if you know this.”
Then, she revealed the whole story of how Joshua became her son. Listen.
As for Joshua’s birth mother, Kym said she’s “still around.”
“I speak to her on occasion. She’s still in my life. She’s not necessarily in his life,” Kym said. “He’s adopted and we’re moving forward.”
“Raising Whitley” will expand to one hour when it returns for a second season in 2014.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here