*OWN presented the cast of “Raising Whitley” for its panel at Thursday’s Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, with star Kym Whitley joined by her villagers – co-parent Rodney Van Johnson and stylist Wendell James – as well as her adorable son, Joshua.
The 3-year-old was carried onto the stage at the tail end of the panel, defiantly sucking on a binky (which they call peppy) and holding a long curtain that looked like it had been snatched down from backstage. Listen.
Most of the questions for Whitley centered on Joshua’s birth mother (someone who Kym had mentored) and if she really just left him at the hospital with instructions to give him to Kym – as the comedian suggests in the show’s opening credits.
“Okay. The truth, the real truth, is…okay,” she said, getting comfortable in her chair. She looked at her executive producer Craig Piligian and said, “Craig, I don’t know if you know this.”
Then, she revealed the whole story of how Joshua became her son. Listen.
As for Joshua’s birth mother, Kym said she’s “still around.”
“I speak to her on occasion. She’s still in my life. She’s not necessarily in his life,” Kym said. “He’s adopted and we’re moving forward.”
“Raising Whitley” will expand to one hour when it returns for a second season in 2014.
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here