*OWN presented the cast of “Raising Whitley” for its panel at Thursday’s Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, with star Kym Whitley joined by her villagers – co-parent Rodney Van Johnson and stylist Wendell James – as well as her adorable son, Joshua.
The 3-year-old was carried onto the stage at the tail end of the panel, defiantly sucking on a binky (which they call peppy) and holding a long curtain that looked like it had been snatched down from backstage. Listen.
Most of the questions for Whitley centered on Joshua’s birth mother (someone who Kym had mentored) and if she really just left him at the hospital with instructions to give him to Kym – as the comedian suggests in the show’s opening credits.
“Okay. The truth, the real truth, is…okay,” she said, getting comfortable in her chair. She looked at her executive producer Craig Piligian and said, “Craig, I don’t know if you know this.”
Then, she revealed the whole story of how Joshua became her son. Listen.
As for Joshua’s birth mother, Kym said she’s “still around.”
“I speak to her on occasion. She’s still in my life. She’s not necessarily in his life,” Kym said. “He’s adopted and we’re moving forward.”
“Raising Whitley” will expand to one hour when it returns for a second season in 2014.
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here