*We don’t feel safe with cops and even less safe with security guards or “wannabe cops” like George Zimmerman because they try to go up and beyond the call of duty to prove themselves.
Antonio Lopez Chaj, 42, was on the receiving end of that gungho temperament in 2010, when he tried to break up a fight at a local bar, Barra Latina, between his nephews, a guard, and the bartender/manager that led to one of the largest lawsuit settlements awarded to a single person in California’s history.
When he jumped in to stop the fight at the Wilshire neighborhood bar, the guard beat him to unconsciousness and he was missing part of his skull when he arrived at the hospital.
Both the bartender and the guard have disappeared “without a trace”, according to the New York Daily News interview of Chaj’s attorney Federico Sayre.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here