*We don’t feel safe with cops and even less safe with security guards or “wannabe cops” like George Zimmerman because they try to go up and beyond the call of duty to prove themselves.
Antonio Lopez Chaj, 42, was on the receiving end of that gungho temperament in 2010, when he tried to break up a fight at a local bar, Barra Latina, between his nephews, a guard, and the bartender/manager that led to one of the largest lawsuit settlements awarded to a single person in California’s history.
When he jumped in to stop the fight at the Wilshire neighborhood bar, the guard beat him to unconsciousness and he was missing part of his skull when he arrived at the hospital.
Both the bartender and the guard have disappeared “without a trace”, according to the New York Daily News interview of Chaj’s attorney Federico Sayre.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here