*We don’t feel safe with cops and even less safe with security guards or “wannabe cops” like George Zimmerman because they try to go up and beyond the call of duty to prove themselves.
Antonio Lopez Chaj, 42, was on the receiving end of that gungho temperament in 2010, when he tried to break up a fight at a local bar, Barra Latina, between his nephews, a guard, and the bartender/manager that led to one of the largest lawsuit settlements awarded to a single person in California’s history.
When he jumped in to stop the fight at the Wilshire neighborhood bar, the guard beat him to unconsciousness and he was missing part of his skull when he arrived at the hospital.
Both the bartender and the guard have disappeared “without a trace”, according to the New York Daily News interview of Chaj’s attorney Federico Sayre.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here