*We don’t feel safe with cops and even less safe with security guards or “wannabe cops” like George Zimmerman because they try to go up and beyond the call of duty to prove themselves.
Antonio Lopez Chaj, 42, was on the receiving end of that gungho temperament in 2010, when he tried to break up a fight at a local bar, Barra Latina, between his nephews, a guard, and the bartender/manager that led to one of the largest lawsuit settlements awarded to a single person in California’s history.
When he jumped in to stop the fight at the Wilshire neighborhood bar, the guard beat him to unconsciousness and he was missing part of his skull when he arrived at the hospital.
Both the bartender and the guard have disappeared “without a trace”, according to the New York Daily News interview of Chaj’s attorney Federico Sayre.
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Flanagan’s Family Releases Statement in Aftermath of Virginia Shooting (WATCH)
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Karen Clark Sheard is ‘Destined to Win’; New Album Debuts at #2
- A Hate Crime is a Hate Crime No Matter the Color of the Perpetrator
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here