*Gospel duo Mary Mary are following Stevie Wonder’s lead and boycotting Florida until the state’s controversial Stand Your Ground law is overturned.
The acquittal of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the killing of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin renewed scrutiny of the law.
As previously reported, Wonder voiced his disapproval by announcing his decision to never perform in the area until the legislation is off the books.
Now Grammy-winning siblings Mary Mary (Erica Atkins-Campbell and Tina Atkins-Campbell) has agreed to do the same.
They tweeted today: “We will Stand with Stevie Wonder & Boycott Florida until the Stand Your Ground Law is changed! We love our fans but we Must do something!! We understand a No from us isn’t as big as a No from Stevie Wonder but if all our voices join together we can Really change things! Let’s let our voices be heard JusticeForTrayvonMartin.”
Zimmerman’s acquittal has sparked mass protests, with a number of stars including Beyonce, Rihanna, Chris Brown and Miley Cyrus all speaking out against the verdict.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- TV Academy Sues Over Whitney Houston's Illegal Emmy Auction
- While Supreme Court Guts 4th Amendment, Black America left hypnotized by the NBA and Lebron James
- Mahershala Ali: The 'Free State of Jones' Interview with Kam Williams
- R. Kelly’s Ex-Wife Drea Takes Twerking to a New Level...And In a Floor Length Skirt (Watch)
- Broadway’s ‘Shuffle Along’ to Close With Audra McDonald’s Maternity Exit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here