*Gospel duo Mary Mary are following Stevie Wonder’s lead and boycotting Florida until the state’s controversial Stand Your Ground law is overturned.
The acquittal of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the killing of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin renewed scrutiny of the law.
As previously reported, Wonder voiced his disapproval by announcing his decision to never perform in the area until the legislation is off the books.
Now Grammy-winning siblings Mary Mary (Erica Atkins-Campbell and Tina Atkins-Campbell) has agreed to do the same.
They tweeted today: “We will Stand with Stevie Wonder & Boycott Florida until the Stand Your Ground Law is changed! We love our fans but we Must do something!! We understand a No from us isn’t as big as a No from Stevie Wonder but if all our voices join together we can Really change things! Let’s let our voices be heard JusticeForTrayvonMartin.”
Zimmerman’s acquittal has sparked mass protests, with a number of stars including Beyonce, Rihanna, Chris Brown and Miley Cyrus all speaking out against the verdict.
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Walks Over; Venus Grinds to Victory; Sloane Stephens Dismissed Early
- New James Bond Author Says Idris Elba is ‘Too Street’ to Play 007
- Bill O’Reilly Vows to Put #BlackLivesMatter Out of Business, Compares Group to KKK (Watch)
- Obama Phoned Widow of Texas Police Officer Shot in Cold Blood
- EXCLUSIVE: 4 Years After Suspended Life Sentences, Scott Sisters Seek Pardon
- Joe Brown Released From Jail After 5-Day Sentence
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here