*Gospel duo Mary Mary are following Stevie Wonder’s lead and boycotting Florida until the state’s controversial Stand Your Ground law is overturned.
The acquittal of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the killing of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin renewed scrutiny of the law.
As previously reported, Wonder voiced his disapproval by announcing his decision to never perform in the area until the legislation is off the books.
Now Grammy-winning siblings Mary Mary (Erica Atkins-Campbell and Tina Atkins-Campbell) has agreed to do the same.
They tweeted today: “We will Stand with Stevie Wonder & Boycott Florida until the Stand Your Ground Law is changed! We love our fans but we Must do something!! We understand a No from us isn’t as big as a No from Stevie Wonder but if all our voices join together we can Really change things! Let’s let our voices be heard JusticeForTrayvonMartin.”
Zimmerman’s acquittal has sparked mass protests, with a number of stars including Beyonce, Rihanna, Chris Brown and Miley Cyrus all speaking out against the verdict.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Screen Actors Guild Honors Outstanding Performances at 22nd Annual SAG Awards
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here