*Gospel duo Mary Mary are following Stevie Wonder’s lead and boycotting Florida until the state’s controversial Stand Your Ground law is overturned.
The acquittal of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the killing of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin renewed scrutiny of the law.
As previously reported, Wonder voiced his disapproval by announcing his decision to never perform in the area until the legislation is off the books.
Now Grammy-winning siblings Mary Mary (Erica Atkins-Campbell and Tina Atkins-Campbell) has agreed to do the same.
They tweeted today: “We will Stand with Stevie Wonder & Boycott Florida until the Stand Your Ground Law is changed! We love our fans but we Must do something!! We understand a No from us isn’t as big as a No from Stevie Wonder but if all our voices join together we can Really change things! Let’s let our voices be heard JusticeForTrayvonMartin.”
Zimmerman’s acquittal has sparked mass protests, with a number of stars including Beyonce, Rihanna, Chris Brown and Miley Cyrus all speaking out against the verdict.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here