*The Essence Festival is getting bigger and better this year. We hope you’re ready.
My Black is Beautiful is presenting the brand’s first-ever documentary, “Imagine a Future.”
The documentary follows the story of teen Janet Goldsboro as she travels to South Africa to examine the historical and present beauty and self-esteem issues that challenge Black women and girls.
Directors Lisa Cortes and Shola Lynch joined Procter and Gamble to bring this powerful message to the masses.
During the Essence Festival, guests will have the chance to listen in on discussions with host and actress Tatyana Ali and the “Imagine a Future” team. Check out the trailer below.
Attendees can visit the My Black is Beautiful booth to take part in the beauty experiences featuring the P&G brands.
These booth experiences will be elevated with a special partnership with Walmart who will have specialized My black Is Beautiful impact moments on the “Talent Stage.”
Imagine a Future GirlUp NOLA Screening hosted by Tatyana Ali
With the help of Walmart, MBIB is giving 300 local New Orleans girls from GirlUp NOLA an exclusive opportunity to be one of the first to view the documentary before the national BET premiere.
In addition to the Imagine a Future creative team, GirlUp NOLA founder and New Orleans First Lady Cheryl Landrieu will be in attendance.
Friday July 5, 2013
Location: Joy Theatre, 1000 Canal Street
My Black is Beautiful Panel Discussion on the Walmart Talent Stage
Join the Imagine a Future creative team for an insightful summit style discussion on Black beauty.
Saturday July 6,2013
Location: The Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, 900 Convention Center Blvd.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West 53 Million dollars in Debt; the TRUTH Behind the SHINE
- Corrie Harris Asks Are you 'Entouch' with Fashion?
- Happy Valentines Day from ThisNthat: 3 Funny Videos Just for You!
- Steve Harvey's Decepti-Date Segment is An #EpicFail
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here