*The Essence Festival is getting bigger and better this year. We hope you’re ready.
My Black is Beautiful is presenting the brand’s first-ever documentary, “Imagine a Future.”
The documentary follows the story of teen Janet Goldsboro as she travels to South Africa to examine the historical and present beauty and self-esteem issues that challenge Black women and girls.
Directors Lisa Cortes and Shola Lynch joined Procter and Gamble to bring this powerful message to the masses.
During the Essence Festival, guests will have the chance to listen in on discussions with host and actress Tatyana Ali and the “Imagine a Future” team. Check out the trailer below.
Attendees can visit the My Black is Beautiful booth to take part in the beauty experiences featuring the P&G brands.
These booth experiences will be elevated with a special partnership with Walmart who will have specialized My black Is Beautiful impact moments on the “Talent Stage.”
Imagine a Future GirlUp NOLA Screening hosted by Tatyana Ali
With the help of Walmart, MBIB is giving 300 local New Orleans girls from GirlUp NOLA an exclusive opportunity to be one of the first to view the documentary before the national BET premiere.
In addition to the Imagine a Future creative team, GirlUp NOLA founder and New Orleans First Lady Cheryl Landrieu will be in attendance.
Friday July 5, 2013
Location: Joy Theatre, 1000 Canal Street
My Black is Beautiful Panel Discussion on the Walmart Talent Stage
Join the Imagine a Future creative team for an insightful summit style discussion on Black beauty.
Saturday July 6,2013
Location: The Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, 900 Convention Center Blvd.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here