*The Essence Festival is getting bigger and better this year. We hope you’re ready.
My Black is Beautiful is presenting the brand’s first-ever documentary, “Imagine a Future.”
The documentary follows the story of teen Janet Goldsboro as she travels to South Africa to examine the historical and present beauty and self-esteem issues that challenge Black women and girls.
Directors Lisa Cortes and Shola Lynch joined Procter and Gamble to bring this powerful message to the masses.
During the Essence Festival, guests will have the chance to listen in on discussions with host and actress Tatyana Ali and the “Imagine a Future” team. Check out the trailer below.
Attendees can visit the My Black is Beautiful booth to take part in the beauty experiences featuring the P&G brands.
These booth experiences will be elevated with a special partnership with Walmart who will have specialized My black Is Beautiful impact moments on the “Talent Stage.”
Imagine a Future GirlUp NOLA Screening hosted by Tatyana Ali
With the help of Walmart, MBIB is giving 300 local New Orleans girls from GirlUp NOLA an exclusive opportunity to be one of the first to view the documentary before the national BET premiere.
In addition to the Imagine a Future creative team, GirlUp NOLA founder and New Orleans First Lady Cheryl Landrieu will be in attendance.
Friday July 5, 2013
Location: Joy Theatre, 1000 Canal Street
My Black is Beautiful Panel Discussion on the Walmart Talent Stage
Join the Imagine a Future creative team for an insightful summit style discussion on Black beauty.
Saturday July 6,2013
Location: The Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, 900 Convention Center Blvd.
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here