*Most of us were introduced to Naturi Naughton as 1/3 of the trio 3LW. The New Jersey native has since transitioned into the world of acting, landing roles in movies like ‘Notorious’ and ‘Lottery Ticket’, along with TV gigs such as ‘The Playboy club’ and ‘The Client List’.
Recently, media partner theJasmineBRANd.com chatted with her about playing Lil Kim in her first acting role, the challenges women of color face in Hollywood and her love life (yep, she has a man!). Peep a few excerpts:
How she felt about the criticism Meagan Good received for her BET Awards dress:
Honestly, I think that she is beautiful. I’ve always thought we have good bodies, why not work it while we can and while we’re young. I didn’t see any major harm, it doesn’t show any defaming thing for her character. It shows that she felt like wearing that dress that day. I think as long as you are confident and hold your self with class, I think you can do that and I applaud her for doing what she feels.
It’s really challenging. I feel like things are starting to be hopeful but there so much further to go as black actors and actresses in the industry. It gets frustrating at times; it’s hard I’m not gonna lie I’m like, ‘Can we please get more than one role per year?’
Feelings about the Zimmerman verdict:
It has made me feel a sense of frustration with this justice system, with this country, with this whole situation. I just want to send out a message of hope, a message of love to Trayvon Martin’s family. Its been so hard for me because, I feel like that could have been my little brother.
Visit theJasmineBRAND.com to find the inside scoop on her boyfriend (who is in the industry), if she ever spoke to rapper Lil Kim (after she criticized her in ‘Notorious’) and more!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here