*Most of us were introduced to Naturi Naughton as 1/3 of the trio 3LW. The New Jersey native has since transitioned into the world of acting, landing roles in movies like ‘Notorious’ and ‘Lottery Ticket’, along with TV gigs such as ‘The Playboy club’ and ‘The Client List’.
Recently, media partner theJasmineBRANd.com chatted with her about playing Lil Kim in her first acting role, the challenges women of color face in Hollywood and her love life (yep, she has a man!). Peep a few excerpts:
How she felt about the criticism Meagan Good received for her BET Awards dress:
Honestly, I think that she is beautiful. I’ve always thought we have good bodies, why not work it while we can and while we’re young. I didn’t see any major harm, it doesn’t show any defaming thing for her character. It shows that she felt like wearing that dress that day. I think as long as you are confident and hold your self with class, I think you can do that and I applaud her for doing what she feels.
It’s really challenging. I feel like things are starting to be hopeful but there so much further to go as black actors and actresses in the industry. It gets frustrating at times; it’s hard I’m not gonna lie I’m like, ‘Can we please get more than one role per year?’
Feelings about the Zimmerman verdict:
It has made me feel a sense of frustration with this justice system, with this country, with this whole situation. I just want to send out a message of hope, a message of love to Trayvon Martin’s family. Its been so hard for me because, I feel like that could have been my little brother.
Visit theJasmineBRAND.com to find the inside scoop on her boyfriend (who is in the industry), if she ever spoke to rapper Lil Kim (after she criticized her in ‘Notorious’) and more!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here