*Nile Rodgers and Daft Punk will “Get Lucky” “at least” one more time, reports Billboard.
In an interview with DJAZZtv [scroll down to watch], the musician, who added his signature funk to the French duo’s massive single featuring Pharrell Williams, says he found a box of old material in the Warner Music tape library “that didn’t belong to them.”
“They had Johnny Mathis inside, they had my film scores, they had Nile Rodgers solo tracks, they had Chic tracks that were not designed for any project,” he explained, adding that he’d like to finish work on the Chic material — with a little help.
“Daft Punk wants to do at least one of them with me, so that should be very cool,” Rodgers says. “Because they respect the music, they understand.”
“Get Lucky” helped Daft Punk spend two weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with new album “Random Access Memories.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here