*Two months after his headline-making assist in the rescue of three Cleveland women held captive for a decade, Charles Ramsey says he is now broke and homeless.
“I’m broke, bro,” Ramsey told the Daily Mail. “That’s the truth.”
Ramsey said he was fired from his job working in a kitchen because customers kept coming in to shake his hand.
The Mail reports that Ramsey was “shamed” out of his former home next to alleged kidnapper Ariel Castro by his neighbors “who claim he exaggerated his role in the rescue of the girls.”
But the Mail also reports that Ramsey has made around $50,000 over the last two months largely from “corporate speaking engagements” and money raised by private individuals as a reward for helping the kidnapping victims.
Nevertheless, “Money goes fast if you have bills,” he told the Mail.
Ramsey famously told Anderson Cooper he didn’t want any money offered by the FBI for the return of Gina DeJesus, one of the women who was freed.
Ramsey was also offered free burgers for life from McDonalds and is the subject of tattoos and even an action figure.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here