*Two months after his headline-making assist in the rescue of three Cleveland women held captive for a decade, Charles Ramsey says he is now broke and homeless.
“I’m broke, bro,” Ramsey told the Daily Mail. “That’s the truth.”
Ramsey said he was fired from his job working in a kitchen because customers kept coming in to shake his hand.
The Mail reports that Ramsey was “shamed” out of his former home next to alleged kidnapper Ariel Castro by his neighbors “who claim he exaggerated his role in the rescue of the girls.”
But the Mail also reports that Ramsey has made around $50,000 over the last two months largely from “corporate speaking engagements” and money raised by private individuals as a reward for helping the kidnapping victims.
Nevertheless, “Money goes fast if you have bills,” he told the Mail.
Ramsey famously told Anderson Cooper he didn’t want any money offered by the FBI for the return of Gina DeJesus, one of the women who was freed.
Ramsey was also offered free burgers for life from McDonalds and is the subject of tattoos and even an action figure.
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Tami Roman Suffers Miscarriage
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here