*Two months after his headline-making assist in the rescue of three Cleveland women held captive for a decade, Charles Ramsey says he is now broke and homeless.
“I’m broke, bro,” Ramsey told the Daily Mail. “That’s the truth.”
Ramsey said he was fired from his job working in a kitchen because customers kept coming in to shake his hand.
The Mail reports that Ramsey was “shamed” out of his former home next to alleged kidnapper Ariel Castro by his neighbors “who claim he exaggerated his role in the rescue of the girls.”
But the Mail also reports that Ramsey has made around $50,000 over the last two months largely from “corporate speaking engagements” and money raised by private individuals as a reward for helping the kidnapping victims.
Nevertheless, “Money goes fast if you have bills,” he told the Mail.
Ramsey famously told Anderson Cooper he didn’t want any money offered by the FBI for the return of Gina DeJesus, one of the women who was freed.
Ramsey was also offered free burgers for life from McDonalds and is the subject of tattoos and even an action figure.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here