*Two months after his headline-making assist in the rescue of three Cleveland women held captive for a decade, Charles Ramsey says he is now broke and homeless.
“I’m broke, bro,” Ramsey told the Daily Mail. “That’s the truth.”
Ramsey said he was fired from his job working in a kitchen because customers kept coming in to shake his hand.
The Mail reports that Ramsey was “shamed” out of his former home next to alleged kidnapper Ariel Castro by his neighbors “who claim he exaggerated his role in the rescue of the girls.”
But the Mail also reports that Ramsey has made around $50,000 over the last two months largely from “corporate speaking engagements” and money raised by private individuals as a reward for helping the kidnapping victims.
Nevertheless, “Money goes fast if you have bills,” he told the Mail.
Ramsey famously told Anderson Cooper he didn’t want any money offered by the FBI for the return of Gina DeJesus, one of the women who was freed.
Ramsey was also offered free burgers for life from McDonalds and is the subject of tattoos and even an action figure.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here