Jakes will sit down with Oprah in front of an audience at 9:30 a.m. CT Thursday, August 29 to kick off the Megafest at the American Airlines Center.
The Dallas based episode will be a continuation of the fatherless families issue that Oprah and Jakes first addressed in a two hour special back in May.
Their mission is to reach out to the sons and daughters who struggle growing up without a father and need healing.
Jakes has also appeared on “Oprah’s Lifeclass” before to discuss purposeful living and has been a guess on “Oprah’s Next Chapter” as well.
For the Megafest, organized by Jakes, a spokesperson estimated about 50,000 attendees, which would make it the city’s largest convention in 2013.
Tickets for the three-day men’s and women’s conferences are $50 per person, while youth’s and children’s conference tickets are $20 per person. That price does not include admission to the “Lifeclass” taping.
Tickets go on sale to general public Friday July 5 at noon CST via www.tdjakes.org/oprahslifeclass.
The episode of “Oprah’s Lifeclass” will air in September on OWN.
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here