Jakes will sit down with Oprah in front of an audience at 9:30 a.m. CT Thursday, August 29 to kick off the Megafest at the American Airlines Center.
The Dallas based episode will be a continuation of the fatherless families issue that Oprah and Jakes first addressed in a two hour special back in May.
Their mission is to reach out to the sons and daughters who struggle growing up without a father and need healing.
Jakes has also appeared on “Oprah’s Lifeclass” before to discuss purposeful living and has been a guess on “Oprah’s Next Chapter” as well.
For the Megafest, organized by Jakes, a spokesperson estimated about 50,000 attendees, which would make it the city’s largest convention in 2013.
Tickets for the three-day men’s and women’s conferences are $50 per person, while youth’s and children’s conference tickets are $20 per person. That price does not include admission to the “Lifeclass” taping.
Tickets go on sale to general public Friday July 5 at noon CST via www.tdjakes.org/oprahslifeclass.
The episode of “Oprah’s Lifeclass” will air in September on OWN.
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Floyd Mayweather, Jr. to Ronda Rousey: ‘Big Bank Take Little Bank’
- Beautiful Diversity of Redheads of African Descent Documented
- Zendaya Checks Twitter Hater Who Called her Parents ‘Ugly’
- Chris Brown Rips Baby Mama for Having a BF Accused of Forgery
- Watch Serena Williams Do Her Karaoke Thing with 'The Little Mermaid'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here