Jakes will sit down with Oprah in front of an audience at 9:30 a.m. CT Thursday, August 29 to kick off the Megafest at the American Airlines Center.
The Dallas based episode will be a continuation of the fatherless families issue that Oprah and Jakes first addressed in a two hour special back in May.
Their mission is to reach out to the sons and daughters who struggle growing up without a father and need healing.
Jakes has also appeared on “Oprah’s Lifeclass” before to discuss purposeful living and has been a guess on “Oprah’s Next Chapter” as well.
For the Megafest, organized by Jakes, a spokesperson estimated about 50,000 attendees, which would make it the city’s largest convention in 2013.
Tickets for the three-day men’s and women’s conferences are $50 per person, while youth’s and children’s conference tickets are $20 per person. That price does not include admission to the “Lifeclass” taping.
Tickets go on sale to general public Friday July 5 at noon CST via www.tdjakes.org/oprahslifeclass.
The episode of “Oprah’s Lifeclass” will air in September on OWN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here